Dining Services – Manager in Training
Requisition ID: 242
Healthcare Services Group (HCSG) typically services long term care and nursing facilities and is now hiring a Dining Services Department Manager in Training in your area! HCSG has a custom, state of the art training program!
- The Manager in Training (MIT) is able to learn to perform and often performs the job assignments of the dietary aide, cook, and dishwasher positions and, as such, is able to operate, and teach others how to operate, a variety of industrial kitchen equipment.
- Utilizes protective gear in all appropriate functions
- The MIT may perform and lead small groups of line staff in food preparation, serving and clean-up activities on varying shifts as needed.
- The MIT must be able to quickly learn policies and procedures, and federal/state requirements such that they may assume the responsibility of and manage and supervise the dietary staff at a single site.
- The MIT must be able to learn to effectively handle managerial responsibilities as well, including but not limited to; payroll submission; staffing patterns; effective coaching and discipline; purchasing; maintaining inventory and budgeting.
- The MIT assists in providing leadership, support and guidance to ensure that food quality standards, inventory levels, food safety guidelines and customer service expectations are met.
- The MIT may assist in training, quality control and in-servicing of staff.
- The MIT must conduct themselves in a professional manner and help insure that line staff do the same.
- The MIT consistently embodies the characteristics necessary to drive the Company’s Purpose, Vision, Values, and DNA.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associate’s degree or higher in food service management or in hospitality, if the course study includes food service or restaurant management, from an accredited institution of higher learning preferred.
- Specialized training in foodservice management and nutrition is desirable.
- Current ServSafe certification is required in accordance with State/County law, or must become ServSafe certified within .
- Certified Dietary Manager or Certified Food Service Manager designation where required in accordance with CMS and/or State/County law, or must become certified within a maximum of 9 months from enrollment.
- Two years’ experience in quantity food production/service and personnel supervision is desired.
- Two years or more related dining/nutrition experience is desired.
- Skilled in motivating and supervising foodservice personnel.
- General knowledge and understanding of nutrition.
- Knowledge of foodservice program requirements.
- An understanding of foodservice program finances. Familiarity with budgets and inventory process desired.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to maintain records and complete reports as required, including web-based reporting.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Skill in using public relations techniques to promote the foodservice program to client and residents.
- Ability to interact positively with residents, client and other personnel and the public.
- Good communication, interpersonal skills organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively with a team.
- Ability to work independently as needed to support the group effort.
- Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 50 pounds, push/pull a maximum of 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work around food and cleaning products.
- Must live in service area. No relocation costs.
Healthcare Services Group, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Healthcare Services Group, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?%2by1pS5HEbDU4mDdu3tqNyQw