Medical Secretary Assignment Days 8AM – 4: 30PM Latham NY
The Medical Secretary positions handles administrative responsibilities, such as answering phones, making copies, scheduling appointments, maintaining supplies and greeting and screening visitors. Additionally, unit secretaries may admit patients, administer and maintain patient records, break down medical charts for record keeping and coordinate billing.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Receive, screen, and refer all incoming calls and visitors to ensure that accurate and timely communication is facilitated. • Greet visitors and answer patient inquiries. • Schedule patient appointments. • Conducts clerical transactions necessary to help facilitate the movement of the patient through the organization. • Acts as a resource to staff for clerical procedures. • Responsible for ordering and maintaining an adequate inventory of forms and supplies. • Handles mail. • Performs database and file systems management. • Use a variety of office equipment, including computers, fax machines, scanners, and multi-line telephone systems. • Process patient billing and medical insurance claims. • Maintain confidentiality and ensures all records are complete and kept secure following HIPPA and organizational guidelines. • Additional duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Authorized to work in the U.S.
• 1+ years’ Healthcare and Customer Service experience required
• Excellent communication and customer service skills required
• Knowledge of medical terminology, health insurance rules, and medical billing procedures.
Health Advocates Network matches highly skilled applicants to positions at the best healthcare companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding job that is well matched to your skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with our client relationships, makes Health Advocates Network a great resource for your career. We can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Health Advocates Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected basis protected by applicable federal or state law except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?cv44x0PdnXduI6Xpj7kjHQu