A new tab will open
SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
Our Operating Room teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Chippenham Hospital , a 466-bed acute care facility, is located on the Southside of Richmond, a short drive from the beautiful, outdoor Stony Point Fashion Park, offering an abundance of shops, restaurants, and even a dine-in movie theater. Chippenham Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63 rd on Fortune’s 100 , and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Additional information about our Operating Room:
- 15 OR Suite
- Teamwork environment where you will be responsible for helping everyone in the department (i.e. Scrub Cases)
- Types of surgeries conducted: Da Vinci, Trauma, Ortho, Cardiothoracic, ENT, Vascular, Pediatrics, Urology, Plastics, and General Surgery
- Rapidly growing unit looking for nurses who are highly responsive
- Leadership opportunities include being a part of Shared Governance councils and unit based OR Counsel
- A supportive culture focused on fostering educational opportunities, specialty certification, and clinical ladders
- Leaders on this unit have a passion for supporting nurses in reaching their professional goals, excellent practice, and collegial relationships
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Manages the fiscal and clinical operations of assigned area(s) of responsibility and recommends sufficient number of qualified competent persons to provide care. Participates in outside source selection for needed services.
- Integrates department services with the hospitals primary function maintaining communication with medical and nursing staffs, Administration, patients and their families/significant other. Coordinates and integrates services within departments.
- Assists in development and implementation of policies and procedures that guide and support provision of services. Supervises nursing staff and assures staff competency.
- Conducts ongoing assessment and improvement of the department’s performance. Promotes the Quality Management program of the facility maintaining appropriate quality control programs (where applicable).
- Assists Director to develop, markets, implements, and evaluates new services and programs recommending space and resources needed. Participates in outside source selection for needed services.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Develops goals and objectives for assigned area(s) of responsibility and participates in development of goals and objectives for the Nursing Department.
- Provides for orientation, inservice training, and continuing education for persons in the department.
- Assumes the duties of the Administrative Nursing Supervisor as assigned.
What Sets Us Apart:
“I am new to the Operating Room and what I love most is how friendly the co-workers are. This unit is AMAZING!” – AW
“I enjoy the staff that I work with and the challenging patients” – TH
“I love my co-workers, the leadership team, and the flexibility”- ES
Check Us Out and Like Us on Facebook!
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- A BSN or related health degree is preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse License in this state
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- CNOR certification (preferred) – HCA will pay for certification and bonus will be offered upon completion
- Five (5) years current nursing experience; two (2) years of management experience
- Previous experience in Nursing Director capacity
Why join HCA – CJW Medical Center?
- Matching 401K
- Low Deductibles for Health, Vision, and Dental
- Team Culture
- Passion for patient care
- Career Advancement through Clinical Ladder
- Relocation Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
- Student Loan Assistance Program
“We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.”
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.
To Apply: Click Here