Position: Director of Credit Operations
Overview: The Director of Credit Operations is responsible for managing GreenSky’s Customer underwriting efforts and GreenSky’s Credit Operations team. GreenSky extends credit to consumers in the form of unsecured installment loans. Effective, accurate and efficient underwriting the credit of our applicants is vital to GreenSky’s success. The Director of Credit Operations reports to the SVP, Operations for her/his team’s day-to-day operations. The Director of Credit Operations is accountable to the Credit team, which is responsible for the development, testing and maintenance of GreenSky’s Credit Policy. Effective implementation of the Credit Policy is the responsibility of Credit Operations, and is critical to GreenSky’s success.
Location: Atlanta, GA. Some travel to our Crestview Hills, KY facility may be required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide management, leadership, support and guidance to the Credit Operations team, which is responsible for customer credit underwriting.
- Ensure the maintenance of the Customer Underwriting process. This includes the effective and timely disposition of incoming applications, resolutions to issues, and ensuring that no applications fall between the cracks.
- Work with Workforce Management to ensure proper staffing levels.
- Work with QA and various audit and compliance teams to ensure the implementation of best-in-class work from credit analysis that will stand up to regulatory scrutiny
- Work with the Process & Controls team to refine the Customer Underwriting process to ensure effective workflow. Actively manage and continuously improve workflow management to ensure effective use of resources and adherence to service level agreements.
- Provide focused feedback loops for analysts and teams based on crisp performance and quality data. Develop and reward strong performers.
- Work with customer service, sales, collections, fraud operations and credit teams to ensure operational efficiency and to ensure proper articulation of what is needed from applications to ensure operational
- Recruit top-quality Credit Analysts. Develop employees and their skill sets to expand the team capabilities and provide growth opportunities for future GreenSky leaders.
- Review underwriting issues escalated by Credit Analysts. Underwrite Customer applications as volume dictates.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in credit or underwriting.
- 2+ years’ previous management experience with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Flexibility and ability to thrive in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, facilitation and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to create solutions and execute flawlessly
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Aggressive, persistent, and inquisitive personality.
- Skilled communicator with ability to influence others.
- Proficient use of MS Excel and other MS Office applications.
- Successful completion of background check.
Preferred Qualifications (not required):
- BA/BS Finance, Economics, Business, or related field
- Strong background in loan underwriting and experience with Financial Services
- Strong background in compliance, audit preparation and experience with transitioning credit underwriting into automated process
- Adept at preparation and analysis of financial statements to measure and monitor the performance of the merchant relationship and portfolio asset.
- Knowledge of GreenSky’s products and services
At GreenSky, we promote an environment that thrives on innovation. To deliver effective solutions that meet customer challenges, GreenSky employs an open, standards-based approach to business and service-oriented innovation.
GreenSky is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. – provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?q8cATcQJF4s5aQzuCohmggd