GreenSky, a leading technology company Powering Commerce at the Point of Sale for a growing ecosystem of merchants, consumers and banks, is seeking a Corporate Attorney to serve as in-house counsel advising on a wide variety of legal and business issues. This role will be responsible for general commercial legal advice and counsel, document drafting and negotiation, ensuring the adherence to GreenSky policies and procedures, and other projects as assigned.
Travel : 0-10%
Organization : This position is a member of the Legal team and reports to the General Counsel
Duties & Responsibilities
To advise on a wide variety of legal and business issues, including:
- Review, draft and help to negotiate a diverse range of commercial agreements and advise business colleagues on legal issues and risks
- Support Chief Legal Officer and General Counsel with various transactional matters, including managing bank partner relationships, developing and managing Capital Markets program and other strategic initiatives
- Assist with the development and maintenance of standard form agreements with core counterparties
- Help ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including those dealing with state licensing
- Coordinate with outside counsel in connection with specific assignments, review preliminary advice and provide internal recommendations
- Assist with various corporate and securities matters
- Manage long-term and complex legal projects with significant financial and/or other business impact
- JD from an ABA accredited law school. Superior academic record.
- Membership in a state bar association. Must have a J.D. and license to practice in GA
- At least 3 years proven legal experience. Financial Services industry experience is a plus.
- Corporate law experience/knowledge (general contract and commercial law, intellectual property rights, licensing).
- Knowledge of State and Federal consumer lending laws a plus.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong transactional experience
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, high-tempo work environment
- Excellent time management and organization skills, with proven ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Analytical ability and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of company employees, including executive leadership
GreenSky is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law
#LI-KD1 – provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?Iy9klxetq0JiYv7y7xjdLQr