EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
The successful Director of National Sales candidate should possess a B.S. in Business or related field with minimum of ten (10) years of experience in business to business sales to the horticultural or allied industries with at least five years in sales management and demonstrated career history of leading a high performing sales team. Includes experience as a Director of National Sales with implementation and maintenance of sales technology, processes and principles in partnership with IT, and sales compensation and incentive plan design. The chosen Director of National Sales candidate will possess process improvement experience including start to finish implementation within a sales team. Comprehension of Change Management including experience utilizing associated industry best practices is a real plus for the Director of National Sales role.
The Director of National Sales leads the sales organization in prospecting, building, maintaining, and growing accounts within the horticultural or allied trade industries. This role is a change agent and a motivator for their team; able to drive solid performance in a state of change.
Continuous improvement should be a key component of the Director of National Sales background. The Company is specifically looking for a selected candidate who has led the redesign of sales processes to better embrace new technology and offered change management leadership to their team throughout the entire process.
As the leader of the sales organization, the Director of National Sales must focus on continually developing new strategies for account growth, while also ensuring that long and short-term plans, compensation and incentive plans, policies, and programs are effectively guiding the team to success.
The Director of National Sales is fully responsible for the overall profitability, productivity, and effectiveness of the sales organization. This role is responsible for analyzing financial and statistical data and creating immediate action plans whenever needed. The selected candidate will also work closely with Executive Leadership to keep them abreast of all successes, challenges, and recommendations.
- Lead the Sales Team to prospect, build, maintain, and grow account portfolios of horticultural businesses across the United States
- Evaluate and propose recommendations for the redesign of existing processes to better align with the changing face of the industry and customers
- Ensure a departmental focus on account development, customer relationship building, consultative selling and cost management
- Maintain responsibility for the overall profitably, productivity and effectiveness of the department
- Develop and formulate the long- and short-range plans, including strategic sales plans, forecasts, and revenue protection plans to achieve overall company objectives
- Develop compensation and incentive plans in partnership with Executive Leadership and Human Resources
- Create, improve, and analyze sales reporting and other intelligence essential to the organization, creating action and remediation plans where necessary
- Optimize the effectiveness of the Companys current technology investments and identify new resources (i.e., CRM) to create more efficient processes within the Sales group
- Oversee training development and delivery to account managers, sales management, and sales support personnel
Our client is the recognized premier supplier of horticultural tools and related products to the Green Industry throughout the United States. With an organization poised for growth while maintaining long term client relationships, and possessing a superior sales and customer service team, they are in need of a high performing and effective Director of National Sales to develop and execute their overall sales/ business development strategy nationally. This is a senior-level opportunity for an results-driven sales professional who wishes to take the next career step with a contemporary minded organization.
TOTAL REWARDS OPPORTUNITY
- Above market salary with performance bonus opportunity
- Health & Welfare Plan eligibility
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance provided
- AND MUCH MORE!!
Apply for this exciting sales career opportunity now. We will ensure your confidentiality!!
Powered by JazzHR
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?q8cATcQJF4vdG5T896NVHAd