Finishing Operator FULL-TIME
Hourly pay is between $19.21 and $24.88/hour depending on experience.
• Operates gluing machines within a high speed, fast-paced environment.
• Sets up and operates straight-line gluers, inner cell, 4 corner and 6 corner gluers; and related peripheral/supporting equipment for the purpose of manufacturing folded and glued carton
• Performs preventative maintenance on gluing machines working in partnership with the maintenance department to avoid unnecessary downtime.
• Inspects completed work to detect defects and verify conformance to work order specifications, and adjust machinery as necessary to correct variations
• Palletizes finished product in preparation for shipping.
• Keeps daily time and materials usage reports and records information in SAP
• Disassembles machines to maintain, repair, or replace broken or worn parts, using hand tools
• Assist temporary employees with understanding task assignments while – Reinforcing SQF standards and Graphic Packaging International’s core values.
Machine brand types used: Post, International, Bobst 110, Jagenburg 90-115-105, Window machines: Heibert Schroder, Staude Gladiator and Kohmann
Shift start: 7:00AM or 3:00PM or 7:00PM or 11:00PM
Shift length: 8 or 12 hours
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ALL SHIFTS (Union Environment) Unionized plant so flexibility is required.
- Health, dental, vision insurance – available after 90 days
- 401(k) plan
- Must pass drug screen
- Must pass background check
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
2 years of previous machine operation experience Mechanical/technical aptitude Basic computer skills Set up/troubleshoot Leary, Mactron, Alpina and Pafra glue systems & Hot Melt units. Feeder/Catcher exp. pref Mechanical exp. helpful (auto, small engine repair, etc.)
About Graphic Packaging International
Graphic Packaging International is committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, they are a leading global provider of paper-based packaging solutions for a wide variety of products for food, beverage, foodservice and other consumer products companies. They strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in their industry and in the communities where they operate. Graphic Packaging has approximately 17,000 employees working in more than 60 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim. They are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the best in the industry to reward the talented people who make their company successful.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?AKhuWvBUnsGpdDX1%2bJS4Hgp