Director of Operations
Summary of Duties:
Oversee and assist with management the day-to-day operation of multiple locations. Activities including, but not limited to, material flow and customer service, morale, training, productivity, and safety protocols. Oversee compliance with all set safety practices, work procedures, and uphold basic core values of honesty and accountability.
- Ensure that all company safety and personnel policies are followed and maintained
- Oversee the management of the individual plants day-to-day duties
- Ensure that all products received, sorted and packaged receive the highest possible net value
- Maintain all equipment and facilities through implementation of a preventive maintenance program
- Ensure that employee morale is an important part of all decisions made
- Responsible for identifying and developing future leaders of our organization
- Ensure that all facets of the customer scale are operating at the highest level to be certain that our customers are being fairly and promptly compensated for the product they bring us
- Resolve any issues involving the customer scale promptly to ensure that both our interests and our client interests are met, in accordance with all State and Federal laws
- Ensure that all commercial customers’ needs are met on a continuing basis
- Follow up with all plant managers on a daily basis
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
- Previous management of metal scrap yard recycling experience is preferred; at least 5 years management experience
- Basic knowledge of various metals is preferred
- Computer and MS Office experience
- Intermediate organizational, interpersonal and business verbal and written communication skills
- Basic reading, writing and math skills needed
- Experience operating and maintaining mobile equipment is preferred
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds
- Requires daily use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Safety minded approach at all times
- Ability to work with different types of employees, customers, vendors to ensure cohesive work environment and positive customer experience
- Ability to be flexible to changing needs of the business and adapt quickly
Work Environment – Physical Demands:
This position, at times, works in an outdoor plant setting with exposure to the yard areas and the outdoor elements, as required.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
If you are looking to grow personally and professionally with an industry leader, Apply Today!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 30 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?L61lcg86dETUlWYi2LihOQx