United States – California – Oceanside
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company’s mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Manager of Maintenance supports and oversees expanding operations and continued expansion of the Oceanside campus. The amount of square footage containing equipment requiring maintenance includes 4 buildings.
Specific Job Responsibilities include:
- Oversees maintenance group performing execution of preventative maintenance across campus.
- Provide mentorship, coaching, training and performance management of maintenance technicians.
- Provides guidance for troubleshooting of equipment failures, alarms, and repetitive service requests to identify solutions to prevent future occurrences.
- Responds to and diagnoses urgent and recurring issues that potentially halt production and development activities.
- Establishment of maintenance intervals, work orders for operational fixes/troubleshooting, recurring issues, and Non-Routine are both time-bound (PMs required) and critical (assets need to be ready to support operations, testing, experiments, etc.) in support of asset readiness to support operations.
- Plans, executes and tracks a variety of maintenance projects.
- Contributes to the development of department strategy.
- Coordinates cross-functional efforts to resolve manufacturing, packaging, maintenance and Manufacturing issues in projects and day to day operational activities.
- Researches, identifies, and implements maintenance best practices.
- Sets up contracts and ensures appropriate documentation is in place for vendor services.
- Ownership and SME of Quality Records (deviations, CAPAs, CMs).
- Manages programs and processes to ensure high quality of operations, equipment maintenance, and compliance with codes, cGMPs and GLPs.
- May participate in audits to include internal, vendors or contract manufacturers.
- Implements systems for tracking project progress.
- Supports and contributes to site continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensures that all Maintenance SOPs are kept up to date and reflect current regulatory requirements.
- Directs team activities, multiple projects of significant complexity and risk, adhering to schedule, budget and resource requirements.
- Organizes, plans and schedules maintenance project work.
- Maintains site compliance documentation and investigates and responds to compliance problems and complaints received from customers, agencies, or employees.
- Participates in preparation and review of Manufacturing policies and procedures.
- Understands and applies root cause analysis principles to support.
- Required to respond to emergency notifications via phone and work off shifts as needed.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- 7+ years of relevant experience and a BA or related fields.
- 5+ years of relevant experience and MS.
- In depth knowledge of life science production systems (Reactors, autoclaves, etc.), Clean Utilities Systems (WFI Generation System, RODI, etc.), and Plant Utilities Systems (Boilers, Chilled Water Systems, etc.)
- In depth knowledge of LOTO practices and NFPA 70E guidelines
- Previous experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry
- Previous experience working in highly regulated manufacturing environments
- Experience with maintenance management systems (i.e. Maximo), Asset induction and management processes, capital project support and oversight
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community:
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?r0F%2bcbyuMCYEAyPxRSzNVQp