Maintenance Supervisor – Gulfstream 650ER / Falcon 2000 EASy
United States – California – Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company’s mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
About us Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North, South and Central America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. Being here matters. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. About the Role Gilead is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor – Gulfstream 650ER / Falcon 2000 EASy – to join a close-knit team based out of the San Jose Airport. This key position reports directly to the Director of Maintenance. Key Responsibilities: Responsibilities for this key Maintenance Supervisor role include but are not limited to:
- Inspection of all company aircraft to ensure compliance with the airworthiness standards of the manufacturer and the FAA;
- Participation in the Safety Management System.
- Handles quality assurance on aircraft maintenance paperwork and aircraft logbook entries including CAMP/CMP forms, aircraft discrepancy logs, MEL logs, service logs and off-site maintenance work records and/or log entries;
- Complies with inspections, standards, methods and procedures per all applicable CFRs and manufacturers’ programs;
- Assists with all aspects of aircraft arrivals and departures, including aircraft towing, wing walking, greeting or escorting passengers and baggage handling;
- Reviews bi-weekly FAA airworthiness directives;
- Evaluates, records and files engine manufacturer’s service bulletins, alert SBs, Notices to Operators for applicability to Gilead aircraft;
- Updates the maintenance status records in the Flight Log Binder;
- Performs incoming parts inspection;
- Implements Safety Management System;
- Assumes other duties & responsibilities as delegated by the Director of Maintenance.
Experience/ Knowledge / Qualifications:
- A minimum of five years related experience is required;
- A current & valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant license is required;
- The pursuit of continuous education in aviation maintenance through accredited schools of manufacture’s training programs is required;
- An FAA Airframe and Inspector’s Authorization (IA) Certificate is strongly preferred;
- Ability to adjust to a flexible duty schedule – adaptable to changes in schedule requirements and duty responsibilities; weekends
- Must be able to clear a background check in order to obtain an airport security badge.
- Must be fluent in English (written and spoken).
Gilead Core Values:Integrity (Doing What’s Right);Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity);Teamwork (Working Together);Excellence (Being Your Best);Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility).
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?E0ptG1ObUmYVUqmdm%2bP2eAo