Intern- Inclusion & Diversity Talent Acquisition & University Relations
United States – California – Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company’s mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
A summer internship is available in the Human Resources Department at the Foster City, CA, campus of Gilead Sciences. The ideal candidate should be enrolled in an Undergraduate or Graduate Program with a Major in Human Resources, Industrial Organizational Psychology, Communications or Business. This intern position is in the Talent Acquisition-Talent Communities function.
Key Responsibilities That You Will Learn
- Sourcing: Proactive candidate outreach and pipeline development through networking activities, talent market analytics, etc.
- Support all talent programs and operations including university relations, inclusion and diversity efforts, recruitment marketing and events, etc.
- Develop diversity recruiting event playbook and toolkits
- Event coordination
- Talent research and benchmarking
- Process and program improvements/enhancements
- Undergraduate (or graduate student, if applicable) with a Major in Human Resources, Industrial Organizational Psychology, Communications or Business or related field; including enrollment in the Fall Semester after completing the internship.
- Must have at least a 2.8 GPA or greater
- Ability to travel locally to Gilead Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Ability to complete 10-12 consecutive weeks between May and August
- PPT, Excel, Word
- Great attention to detail and critical thinking skills
- Data Analysis / Reporting
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Show strong passion for building a career in Human Resources
- Good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are required
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?O%2bwhDB%2f2aAb1XyBIV%2fYppgq