Intern GMP/Quality Control
United States – California – Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company’s mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The intern will participate or execute within the GMP / Quality Control group. The intern will focus on execution of a specific project and learn fundamental concepts related to GMP requirements, analytical technology and technique, and task planning and execution.
This project may entail:
- Learn cGMP in Quality Control (QC) environment and conduct basic GMP analysis following written procedures such as appearance or solution preparations
- Gain knowledge of GMP laboratory processes and support projects/tasks for improving efficiency and compliance
- Working closely with team members and contribute to day-to-day lab organization
- Support in writing simple protocols and reports
- Participates in group meetings. May present data or prepare information for others to present
- Use Microsoft Office software to perform required job functions
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Undergraduate (or graduate student, if applicable) in the or related field enrolled in a 4-year accredited university/college; including enrollment in the Fall Semester after completing the internship
- Good verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills are required
- Ability to complete 10-12 consecutive weeks between June to August
- Minimum GPA of 2.8
The intern will be in a science based major and have some introductory chemistry courses with lab based learning.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?vHgq76jj36842easm16WYgv