Intern- Cyber Engineer/Security Platforms
United States – California – Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company’s mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead IT focuses on providing “Excellence in solution delivery and operations in alignment with business outcomes” and to position IT as a strategic-enabler by focusing on close business partnership, defining and executing business-aligned strategies, and finding and developing the best IT talent in the industry. The IT Security Organization is responsible for establishing and maintaining corporate wide information security to ensure that Gilead’s stakeholder information assets are adequately protected in relation to confidentiality, integrity and availability. ?
We are seeking motivated Engineers to join a highly skilled team of experienced professionals which believe in best-of-breed software craftsmanship, clean and elegant coding, using the right tool for the job and always exploring and learning new technologies and approaches.?
JOB TITLE: INTERN – CYBER ENGINEER/SECURITY PLATFORMS
JOB LOCATION: FOSTER CITY, CA
- Hands on experience leveraging data science skills and tools to solve business problems across the company..?
- Execute data discovery, exploratory data analysis, and iteratively develop predictive and prescriptive models to identify optimal solutions.?
- Assist with operationalizing the solutions and changing business processes to maximize the value of those solutions.?
- Mine information for previously unknown patterns and insights.?
- Conducting exploratory analysis to extract insights and uncover important groups, trends, and relationships in data. ?
- Drafting content related to the topics you are researching and the projects you are working on including reports, blog posts, and proposals. ?
- The problems solved will be at the cutting edge of technology and will lie at the intersection of science, engineering, and business acumen.?
- Participate in the evaluation, piloting and implementation of technology and platforms to support Gilead’s broader data science community?
- Bachelor’s degree or currently studying Data Science or related field.?
- Strong technical knowledge in the areas of computer science, big data architecture, data processing, and machine learning?
- Ability to connect data analysis to real business problems, in order to impact business performance?
- Understands how to explore unstructured data to gain insights and build models to produce results?
- Ability to dedicate 40 hours per week to the program?
Candidate must be:?
Innovative & Curious – To have the desire and ability to connect and empathize with our customers. Have an entrepreneurial spirit and get excited about creating new businesses and reinventing current ones. Ask why, explore, and bring your unique perspective to the table. ?
Analytical& Action-Oriented – Data driven and outcome focused. Grow comfortable with ambiguity, fueled by a hunger to learn and constantly seeking out new challenges. Must have a desire to act, try new things, and sometimes fail. Persevere but know when to change course and are up for juggling multiple deliverables. ?
Collaborative & Team-Oriented- Should always keep the people around in the loop and is excited to communicate complex ideas clearly to make sure your co-workers understand the why behind the work and the key priorities. Must help other teams and individuals grow, develop and be successful. ?
Inclusive– Should empathize with colleagues and care about their success, bring people together around wherever possible.?
Key Take Away for Students?
Personal Development: ?
- Gain an understanding of the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry.?
- Work in Largest Bio-pharma IT set up.?
- Increase knowledge & expertise with hands on experience.?
- On the job work experience in cyber security team.?
- Develop effective communication skills with executives, business contacts, and external clients.?
- Develop planning, organizational and time management skills.?
Program Incentives: ?
- Opportunity to start a career in the biotechnology industry and gain a full understanding of the day-to-day operations of a biotechnology organization?
- Participants will gain knowledge through rotations and placement experiences necessary to determine the direction of their career at Gilead in the CFO organization?
- You will have the opportunity to interact with senior leaders as you gain cross-functional experience by interfacing with multiple business units.?
- You will develop skills vitally important in today’s business environment including ?
- team-based interaction, influencing without authority and the capability to aid in the definition and direction of the firm’s initiatives and long-term strategy?
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?U2r8GOUiDKVOFesNTPKq8Qm