Executive Director and Head, Gilead Research Protein Therapeutics
United States – California – Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company’s mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Executive Director and Head, Gilead Research Protein Therapeutics
The Head of Protein Therapeutics will provide strategic and technical oversight for all aspects of Gilead’s protein engineering and antibody discovery efforts aimed at identifying and developing novel biotherapeutics from discovery to development candidate nomination across all therapeutic areas.
As a primary voice for Research Protein Therapeutics, this leader will form strong partnerships and collaborative relationships with senior leadership in the Research, Development and Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing (PDM) organizations; and other key stakeholders.
The ideal candidate is a creative and innovative scientist with senior-level scientific/technical leadership responsibility for mid-to-large-sized teams; substantial experience in the successful discovery and development of protein therapeutics across many biologic modalities including; monoclonal antibodies, bispecific antibodies, and antibody-drug conjugates.
The leader will provide scientific guidance and mentorship to department leaders of mass spectrometry, protein sciences, and antibody discovery groups. Work cross-functionally with TA Biology Research, Biomarkers, Nonclinical Safety and Pathobiology, Research Project Management, and CMC Development teams to deliver on a novel, high-quality Research Biologics portfolio.
The leader will manage timelines, milestones, budgets, and objectives for all internal and CRO efforts aimed at protein therapeutics and reagent antibody generation and develop and maintain top talent within the Gilead Research Protein Therapeutics organization.
- Ability to function and lead in a highly collegial, entrepreneurial environment. Our candidate will have had significant leadership and management responsibilities
- Responsibility for many projects, developing and orchestrating timelines to achieve Gilead’s Research portfolio goals and milestones
- A strong understanding and record of accomplishment in directing strategy and content creation to support regulatory approval processes and a demonstrated track record of anticipating and resolving issues before they arise
- Critically evaluate external technologies and innovations to support in-licensing and partnering efforts as well as internal development of new technologies and platforms to stay and the cutting edge of biologics discovery
- A recognized leader in antibody engineering and protein therapeutics
- Doctorate in biochemistry, immunology, molecular & cell biology or similar field
- 12+ years relevant industry experience in a biopharmaceutical setting with extensive experience in engineering and characterization of protein and antibody variants as clinical leads as well as overseeing and co-leading biologics projects from discovery to the clinic
- Expertise in cell biology and biochemistry to design and implement functional and cell-based assays to support technology development, antibody selections, and mechanistic studies is desirable
- Experience with various display technologies (yeast, phage, mammalian)
- Experience with a diverse range of protein constructs beyond standard antibody platforms
- Experience and knowledge in molecular biology, protein expression, and purification
- Experience and deep-knowledge in analytical characterization of biologics modalities, such as monoclonal antibodies, bispecific antibodies, and ADCs; from discovery through development
- Demonstrated knowledge of the regulatory requirements for the development and approval of protein therapeutics; and proven track record of delivering research reports to support regulatory submissions (IND/IMPD, information requests, amendments, briefing books, BLA/MAA, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to lead high performing multidisciplinary biologics drug discovery teams, set clear direction and priorities, enabling cross-functional collaboration and empowering people, and developing and mentoring talent
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills, with enthusiasm for leading in an environment characterized by rigorous scientific and innovative thinking
- Excellent written, and oral organizational skills
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?Kg361CnmnnrVyp3wqklHEgt