Director of Biostatistics, Oncology
United States – California – Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company’s mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Director of Biostatistics, Oncology
Biostatisticians work collaboratively with internal and external colleagues to ensure appropriate design, statistical analysis and reporting of Gilead clinical data in efficiently achieving regulatory, scientific and business objectives.
- Collaborate with outside experts and internal colleagues to present and publish trial results and statistical analysis within and outside of the Company.
- May specialize within a particular Therapeutic Area/indication or technical area to serve as a Company-wide resource.
- Has knowledge of regulatory requirements to ensure the Company meets regulatory, scientific, and business objectives.
- Oversees training programs for the job family and provides strategic direction for the group.
Job Responsibilities and Skills:
- Works collaboratively with Statistical Programming, Biostatistics, Clinical Research, Clinical Data Management, Global Drug Safety, Regulatory and Project Management management/staff to meet project deliverables and timelines for statistical data analysis and reporting.
- Uses knowledge of Regulatory requirements regarding statistical principles to ensure the company meets its Regulatory, scientific, and business objectives; collaborates with study investigators, outside experts, and internal colleagues to present and publish trial results and statistical analyses within and outside of the company, negotiates project timelines given constraints, works with senior management and Human Resources to identify long-term staffing plans, provides career development opportunities to staff, and participates in strategic risk assessment based on statistical analyses or principles.
- Is expected to oversee and contribute to the completion of all technical and operational statistical activities for multiple development programs for a compound or equivalent through management of internal and external resources.
- Provides overall leadership for a departmental strategic initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are required.
- Has understanding of the business beyond the area of Biostatistics and is a recognized authority outside of the company.
- Can make effective decisions where information is limited or solutions may produce unpleasant consequences in the short term.
- Able to set up and influence collaborations with external academic or government organizations to extend visibility or business need of the company.
- Can set up data monitoring committees for clinical studies.
- Able to identify the most critical aspects of a problem/issue.
- Can use competitive intelligence to influence clinical development strategies.
- Proven ability to directly supervise personnel.
Education and Experience:
- 12 years of industry experience in the statistical analysis of biomedical data using SAS® software and a BS degree in Biostatistics or equivalent.
- 10 years of industry experience in the statistical analysis of biomedical data using SAS® software and an MS degree in Biostatistics or equivalent
- 8 year of industry experience in the statistical analysis of biomedical data using SAS® software and a PhD degree in Biostatistics or equivalent.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?%2by1pS5HEbDV83UThu3eRYAw