Title: Project Coordinator/Executive Assistant
Element: Project Business Office
Type: Full time
Location: Pasadena, CA (temporary remote work due to COVID-19)
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for providing high-level project coordination as well as day-to-day administrative support. This position reports directly to the GMTO Project Manager and supports the Project Manager, Project Scientist, and Deputy Project Manager(s). This role involves interfacing with a staff from various areas of the enterprise, including scientists and engineers, business and financial personnel, and external organizations and individuals.
This important position requires the successful candidate to have an outgoing personality, strong initiative, motivation, excellent written and oral communication skills, organization skills, judgement and discretion, and the ability to balancing multiple tasks and changing priorities with limited supervision. This role requires the successful candidate to possess proficiency in the computer skills necessary to perform the job.
• Create and maintain project calendars, including events and absence calendars
• Coordinate and schedule meetings on calendars and facilitate video conferences
• Prepare necessary presentation materials for meetings and facilitate presentations
• Attend and participate in meetings
• Take meeting notes, minutes, and compile action items
• Status action items in meetings
• Document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings
• Monitor incoming e-mail to identify actions to be taken, and maintain lists of action items
• Document project changes and assist the Project Manager with tracking and ensuring deadlines are met
• Ensure compliance with implementation frameworks and timelines, and that all documentation is maintained appropriately for each area.
• Assist with administration of the project risk management and configuration control processes
• Support activities of the GMT Science Advisory Committee
• Arrange global travel (transportation, lodging, passport/visas, etc.)
• Process expense reports involving currency exchange rates
• Request and/or process purchase orders, non-disclosure agreements, change orders, etc.
• Provide administrative support, such as answering phone calls, creating letters, memos, and reports
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in technical or business field of study
• 3 years of experience in related field
• Strong critical thinking skills
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills, and presentation skills
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
• Competency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Knowledge of file management, transcription and other administrative procedures.
• Ability to exercise sound judgement and to manage the flow of confidential information with discretion
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize conflicting work or demands to successful completion
• Demonstrated ability to accurately, efficiently and effectively manage and maintain workloads and calendars of multiple individuals.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Experience working in technical, scientific and/or engineering organizations
• Previous experience functioning as a Project Coordinator
Please submit a Cover Letter in addition to an updated version of your CV.
If your skills and experience appear to be a match or if we need additional information to make a decision, we will contact you. If we do not see a suitable match between your qualifications and the position, we will keep your information on file in the event future positions become available that are more suitable to your qualifications.
GMTO is an equal employment opportunity employer
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?pPlOwfK%2fiLvH8%2bwxN%2f7pNQo