A new tab will open
The Field Engineer I performs on time and accurate Preventative Maintenance in one or more modalities of equipment. The FE1 is aware of and follows all Field Modification Instructions and/or Instrument Service Information bulletins. Works with experienced Field Engineers, both onsite and remotely, to learn troubleshooting, repair and equipment installation techniques. Responsible for driving customer satisfaction through Service Excellence.
- Learn to complete on-time and accurate Preventative Maintenance, FMIs and/or ISIs.
- Assist more experienced field engineers with equipment installations, basic troubleshooting, and service repair needs on designated equipment.
- Effectively communicate with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction. Partner with customer and recommend value-added services that will help the customer run their business more efficiently.
- Maintain customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner, ordering repair parts, and managing cycle times.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field; OR equivalent military education; OR participant in the formal GEHC Biomed/FE Services Internship or Military Externship program; OR High School Diploma/GED and 4 or more years of experience servicing electronic equipment.
- Experience with Web applications as well as Microsoft suite of products.
- The successful applicant must comply with GEHC’s standard background check, including a post-offer drug test. In addition, during employment, the employee must comply with all customer access policies, including but not limited to obtaining and/or providing proof of required immunizations, and additional drug tests or background checks (including a federal government background check if assigned to support a contract with the federal government).
Special Physical Requirements:
- Candidate must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 35 lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand for long periods of time. Candidate must also be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Must have and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
- Willingness to be available “”after hours””, or work a rotating On-Call schedule, including weekends, for critical issues and coverage, as necessary.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
What we offer:
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To Apply: Click Here