A new tab will open
In addition to the Biomedical Technician responsibilities, this position will act as the site leader for all things GE and the program.
- Evaluate complex, customer biomedical equipment issues, and implement appropriate repairs.
- Follow and guide others as needed regarding appropriate GE policies, procedures, hospital protocol, and complete necessary documentation.
- Establish and engage in proactive daily communications with customers, to ensure resolution and proper follow up, leading to customer satisfaction.
- Implement GE/customer facility contract, supporting business goals and objectives.
- Lead, instruct, and assist technicians on basic and complex repairs and resolution.
- Share on-call/pager responsibility.
- Document all repair actions and submit reports/summaries according to schedule.
- Ensure proper care of spares, tools and test equipment, and ensure calibration.
- Maintain approved parts inventory.
- Manage vendors’ service delivery processes in compliance with GE policies, as instructed.
- Enhance and maintain technical knowledge of current standards, codes, and procedures regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment through formal instruction.
- May perform role of Site Leader (e.g., direct activities of fellow Biomedical Technicians assigned to site, engage in a more interactive customer relationship, which may include Safety Committee or other participation, with regard to overall account activity).
- Meet Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety requirements, and/or all other applicable regulatory requirements.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field and 2+ years of experience servicing medical equipment;
- OR equivalent military education and 2+ years of experience servicing electrical or mechanical equipment;
- OR High School Diploma/GED and 4+ years of experience servicing medical equipment.
Special Physical Requirements:
- Candidate must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 35 lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand for long periods of time. Candidate must also be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
What we offer:
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To Apply: Click Here