What can you expect?
We are creating a center of expertise with the mandate of driving up the quality and value of software delivery and implementation across the enterprise. The Center of Excellence (COE) will contain a small number of experts in Agile software engineering, test automation, technical training, development tooling and metrics management, along with development teams to support the creation of central API based services, and centralized security patching.
The Test Engineering Lead will be responsible for defining best practice test engineering principals, processes and tooling across the firm and its divisions. We are on a journey to improve the technical test aspects of our End-to-End test cycle incorporating DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Testing techniques. This position will assist that growing and evolving journey, owning the Test Strategy, and supporting the wider teams in the efficient execution of automated tests in a CI/CD environment. In addition, the role involves the active contribution to the strategic evolution of the overall Quality Engineering and Assurance function within the enterprise.
We will count on you to:
- An excellent communicator with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization. C-Level communication and interaction will be a daily occurrence
- Ability to influence and lead large teams in a matrix global organization across multiple divisions
- Strategic vision and outlook able to define strategic priorities in conjunction with stakeholders and execute.
- Drive towards smarter and more efficient ways of testing & test automation
- Can embrace technology and lead new ways of working to drive the Quality of delivery
- Assist the planning and implementation of the future Agile / DevOps test process as part of the overall E2E Test Process within the firm
- Understand business requirements in order to advise teams on the writing of test case scenarios and automated tests
- Support teams by advising on implementation of Monitoring solutions to track the quality status of software builds
- Ownership of the automation test strategy for the firm – embedding best practice within the firm’s SDLC
- Work with production support teams to embed application performance/health metrics throughout the delivery pipeline – embedding automated test tooling into the process where it adds value
- Supporting and advising on testing conducted outside of the traditional Software Development Cycle in areas such as UAT, workshops, training, demonstrations and presentations
- Inspirational Advocate of shift-left – embedding Quality into the process from the start
- Demonstrate the value of your input and track improvements made across a number of business metrics such as Quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
What you need to have:
- Have led end to end quality initiatives across a global region and/or substantive set of portfolios
- A track record in driving and leading the change to fully automated test environments
- Agile test management and IT testing experience
- An in-depth understanding of the end-to-end software development lifecycle (SDLC), with a focus on transitioning to Agile methodologies
- Up to date knowledge of test tooling, tracking systems and experience of working with collaboration tooling
- Strong interpersonal skills, being able to communicate with clients and high-level stakeholders
- Experience running and managing test resources: UAT, Performance test, Automation test, Test planning, Automated unit testing
- Significant experience leading teams of technical resources and test automation transformations at scale
- Comprehensive knowledge test automation frameworks that validate functionality at different levels of the technology stack (e.g. WebService, GUI, Unit)
- Leadership and understanding of Agile techniques desirable (e.g. BDD, TDD)
- Setup, run and driven continuous improvement initiatives demonstrating improvements based on metrics.
- Experience of multiple delivery methodologies and how to embed automation; Waterfall, Agile and Lean, Water-SCRUM-fall etc.
What makes you stand out:
- A recognized industry expert with public speaking skills and or published works that have demonstrably influenced your field
- Input into or leading major vendor initiatives including service scope, definition, contracts and Implementation. In-life Management of the same holding vendors to account
– provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?eKVBnpPjhpxYukhkzu7RrAz