A new tab will open
The Material Handler is responsible for performing material handling functions to supply production materials, bottling production supplies, and fulfillment of orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows all GMP requirements for production and storage of materials. Highlight is on cleaning and organization of storage areas.
- Receives, takes samples, repacks, quarantines, logs, stores, organizes, cleans and distributes items in the warehouse to appropriate personnel.
- Assures that all required raw materials recordkeeping and documentation are kept in a highly organized, readily accessible and accurate format.
- Follows the SOPs for quarantining, accepting and storing archive samples of all inbound raw materials.
- Stores raw herbal materials, value-added components and ingredients, packaging supplies, client-provided raw materials and components, and other company related material in a manner that preserves cleanliness, order and efficiency of space usage in the warehouse.
- Stages and picks raw materials such as raw herbs, weighs raw herbs, and labels bags/totes with all correct documentation with correct lot control.
- Conducts both physical and digital transfers of material to new locations, filling out logs and completing all data entry.
- Participates in monthly and annual physical inventories as needed to maintain accuracy of the company’s inventory management and valuation database to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Notifies relevant members of management (Including the Logistics Manager, Warehouse Supervisor, QA Dept.) of any breach of the mechanical or environmental integrity of the warehouse, or of conditions in the warehouse that could harm, contaminate or otherwise negatively impact the quality of any item in the warehouse.
- Verifies lot numbers, weights, and number of bags being loaded onto the truck, filling out packing slips as needed
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Forklifts, Stand-up lifts, Power Jacks, Scissor Lifts experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of a warehouse and its equipment, operations and scales.
- Ability to come in early and or stay later than scheduled shift to accommodate the daily company needs.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and write short documentation and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk, talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 75 pounds, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and smell.
The primary work environment of this position is a warehouse, which has sections that are climate controlled with a large open area that is not climate controlled. The employee is occasionally required to work in the rain to keep production running on schedule. The noise level is low to moderate.
The above statements are meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
To Apply: Click Here