A new tab will open
Career Development Executive/WIOA
The individual will be based at the State Department of Correctional/Pre-Released Center in KCMO.
This position reports to the Director Career Services. The individual is responsible for providing career counseling/recruitment services for potential FEC clientele.
1. Job Duties.
- Responsible for providing career counseling/recruitment services for potential FEC clientele.
- Assist and guide clients in developing training and employment strategies that lead to career-oriented employment
- Provide pre- and post-employment in helping customers achieve their goals.
- Work effectively with placement and career readiness team members to insure a customer friendly transition to implement training or follow-up services.
- Provides pre-employment and post-employment services in helping customers achieve their career goals
- Conducts overviews and testing assessment of various clienteles
- Assist with job placement for long-term unemployed workers in Information Technical (IT) for in demand occupations.
- Works with job placement of personnel to facilitate placement of Job seekers and services to employer
- Conducts overviews and testing assessment of various FEC Clienteles
- Provides follow-up of FEC clientele to ensure retention in training Programs and their results in employment and exceeding individual, team, and agency goals
- Provides follow-up of FEC clientele to ensure retention in training Programs and their result in employment.
- Ensure clients are properly enrolled into workforce system according to agency policy
- Other duties as assigned
Skilled in organization/time management techniques
Ability to work in a team environment
Ability to work according to goals and objectives
Ability to work with and through others
Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment
Computer skills are essential
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in work experience at the leadership or functional level, dependent upon position.
- Experience in career or vocational counseling preferred but not required
- At least 1 year experience executing FEC programs in counseling follow-up activities
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Must pass background check
EOE/AA/M/F/V/ADA E-Verify Employer
The Full Employment Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All voice telephone numbers may be reached by persons using TTY/TDD equipment via the Missouri Relay Services at 711.
To Apply: Click Here