This position requires the resource to have OSP engineering and/or construction experience but it is also critical that the resource has excellent oral, written and organizational skills and can lead a team discussion, track actions to ensure commitments are met.
The Data Circuit Provisioning Center team is focused on implementing, verifying and providing a smooth operation of customer line side circuits as it relates to Layer 2 and Layer 3 service delivery platforms. Our responsibility is all inclusive: Provision Ethernet services through Frontier’s network provisioning various network devices; ensuring that network devices are maintained; configuring and troubleshooting the network that supports connectivity to customer NID’s; producing detailed implementation instructions or carrying out required changes to complete tasks/projects; troubleshooting failed installs; changes/improvements requested by management and Engineering and Planning groups; and DCP also update/maintain all network documentation as required. Additionally, the engineer works directly with Centralized Engineering, Provisioning Engineering Project Managers, Regional Engineers and end users to validate the provisioned physical and virtual circuit path.
Desired Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Provision Ethernet Virtual Circuits (EVC) throughout the network
• Establishes networking environment by verifying design system configurations; guiding UNI system installation, logical documentation, and enforcing policies and standards.
• Work tasks by accessing M6 (Metasolve) ticketing system to provision customer circuits.
• Daily basis access various web-based programs that aides in the daily function of provisioning in conjunction with M6.
• Involved in provisioning customer provided equipment by remote logging and provisioning managed routers and wireless anchor and hotspots controllers.
• Have a practical understanding on one piece of the following equipment: Alcatel-Lucent, Adtran, Calix, RAD, Actelis, Canoga Perkins, Cisco.
• Have a practical knowledge of the following technology
o IPVPN/MPLS, VoIP, Ethernet and Dedicated Internet, Metro-Ethernet, T1/MLPPP.
o Cisco Network Routing/Circuit Provisioning.
o Ability to comprehend circuit layout record or design layout record by assisting, delegating and interacting with PM and Field Technicians.
o Practical knowledge in provisioning VLANs on Layer 2 and be able to identify and properly configure across multifaceted network devices
• Technical knowledge of engineering standards, serial and interoffice circuits, and network equipment while data basing the inventory and design system.
• Practical knowledge of Metro Ethernet Standards service types: E-Line, E-LAN topologies
• In depth knowledge of Quality of Service that addresses Service Level Agreements specifically addresses Y.1564, and RFC 2544.
• Technical knowledge of Ethernet Basic Principles.
• Practical knowledge of provisioning, implementation, and documentation of complex network and platform configurations.
• Technical knowledge in Telecom Network topics: OSI Layers, Ethernet, IP, MPLS, spanning tree, networking, routers, Layer 2 switches, and routers.
• Exceptional analytic and troubleshooting skills for solving problems that span multiple domains (applications, network and hardware)
• Position requires detailed organization
• Practical knowledge of the following; OSI Network Protocol/layer; Ethernet, HDLC, PPP, MPLS, CDP, LLDP, IPv4, OSPF, UDP, Telnet, ATM, Frame Relay
• Demonstrated track record of interfacing with customers and other telecom providers.
• Candidate should be professional and capable of communicating (written and verbal) complex issues to audiences with various skill levels
• Certifications a plus: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, VoIP, MEF (Metro-Ethernet Forum).
• Flexibility to work scheduled Projects to meet the demand of our customers as required.
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering, IT, or equivalent work experience is desirable with a minimum of five years.
• Telecom or Broadband industry-specific experience a plus.
**No Overtime Billing Permitted**
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?%2bGX3pa8E%2fLVZgFl2lG8JuAz