Friant is a nationwide leader of creative workspace with a passion for value innovation – making well-designed, premium workspaces more accessible and affordable than anyone else. From custom conference tables to upholstery, our local manufacturing facility is busy year-round creating Friant products for the office furniture marketplace. Our 2 plants in California and Virginia totaling 630,000 square feet of warehouse and production facilities – headquarters being in CA – are equipped with modern equipment and skilled wood and fabric workers. The organization and its people pride themselves on respect and teamwork to consistently achieve goals and deliver a flawless product – a product that has the power to transform the happiness and productivity of businesses.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and knowledgeable Product Service Specialist to join our team. In this role, you will be assembling office furniture within clients’ facilities and demonstrating your technical knowledge of our various product lines. You will deliver exceptional customer service in a professional, friendly, and helpful manner, answering all customer questions and concerns regarding our products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Continuously expand knowledge of product lines, business flows, sales processes, and market dynamics.
- Understand and operate company software (InSight).
- Demonstrate product functionality accurately and completely.
- Accurately communicate all technical specifications.
- Make sure all product and necessary tools/equipment are ready and available for each job; Arrive at job site ahead of scheduled time; Always communicate with appropriate people, if late.
- Load and unload product and stage as required.
- Inspect and document product for damage and quality issues prior to installation or delivery.
- Understand the scope of the entire project and/or any special conditions or requirements.
- Knowledge of efficient installation and assembly of office furniture, including systems furniture, casegoods, accessories, wall-hung units, etc.
- Interface with clients, internal customers, and/or other contractors as required.
- Perform site cleanup, remove all cartons and packaging, and ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction with the finished appearance of the site.
- Maintain a “positive” and cooperative “can do” attitude especially during problem resolution and difficult situations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Continuous Learning and Skill Development
- Customer Relations
- Professional in appearance and manners.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service attitude and manner; communicates easily and clearly; is polite and cordial in all customer interactions.
- Highly responsive to the customer’s requests.
- Understands customer satisfaction focus and consistently meets or exceeds the customers’ expectations.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Maintains a good driving record and follows all DOT rules and regulations.
- Has physical strength and stamina required to lift and move furniture, boxes, and equipment.
- Ability to understand and interpret installation drawings and installation instruction sheets.
- Ability to properly understand and complete service orders, change orders, delivery tickets and return authorizations.
- Strong work ethic and very ethical approach to the business; is punctual and self-motivated.
- Mechanically adept and knows how to safely use tools and equipment.
- Understands and can learn basic installation processes; unloading, loading, staging, uncartoning, panel assembly, component assembly, cleanup and detailing, lock installations, etc.
- Can learn to assemble, fine-tune and detail panels, components, casegoods, seating, filing, tables, etc.
- Ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts, including any overnight or out of town assignments.
- Interpersonal skills and professional demeanor to interact effectively with a wide range of clients, occasionally under trying circumstances.
- Committed to providing the highest level of customer service and satisfaction.
Required Education and/or Experience
- Requires a high school diploma or GED and 5+ years of related experience including systems furniture installation, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- There will be about 25-50% travel.
- Ability to fluently speak and understand English (Bilingual in Spanish is a plus).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
- Must communicate in English via phone and/or email to management, customers, vendors, and/or other employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, or airborne particles, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Appropriate personal protective equipment will be required as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds with assistance or equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
**Disclaimer: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?Iy9klxetq0IrIVB4qqYeLQr