As part of the IT group, the Director of Quality Assurance will work with Freedom Mortgage leadership in the transformation, expansion, management, and operating one of the Quality Assurance platforms. The individual in this role will be a proven leader in a demanding environment with experience managing teams that develop and utilize robust, scalable test platforms and tools that can be utilized across multiple teams and products. The IT-QA department is expanding to 2 platforms within the Enterprise IT-QA and this role will be overseeing one of the platforms while reporting to the QA Enterprise leader. A successful candidate is a strong leader that is extremely comfortable managing people and driving process changes via quantitative and qualitative data.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee a comprehensive quality assurance program
- Be a transformational QA leader that can drive the teams to work effectively in agile scrum model
- Continue with the transformation from QA Analysts to QA engineers
- Drive for shift left automation and the implementation of in-sprint automation
- Work directly with our project management and development groups to champion quality
- Coordinate simultaneous testing efforts across various major programs and projects
- Produce best practice models and policies in order to drive high quality software and systems releases
- Drive continuous improvements for processes, tools and metrics
- Develop QA teams to support all technology solutions within platform
- Support tools to run the QA organization and support testing activities and challenges across the programs
- Partner with reporting team to drive QA success metrics
- Collaborate with PMO as well as development, business analyst and business UAT leaders
- Create learning sessions on technical gaps for QA analysts
- Be an advocate for quality to all teams throughout the program of support
- Ensure the scrum teams implement best practices to prevent defects
Manages QA staff (managers, leads, engineers and analysts) and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Expert knowledge of QA concepts and methodologies, best practices, processes, tools, and metrics
- Expert knowledge in agile scrum environment and BDD and/or ATDD implementation
- Proven ability to drive transformation to in-sprint automation
- Proven track record of driving multiple teams on parallel projects while balancing resourcing and priorities to meet business needs
- Able to oversee the development and execution of test plans while monitoring/ reporting on test executions and planning for future projects
- Extensive knowledge of QA tools such as Jira
- Experience in test automation and testing frameworks including Selenium and API
- Proven ability to rapidly master and utilize leading-edge technologies to innovate creative solutions and improve efficiency
- Can clearly communicate solutions to both technical and non-technical teams
- Perform tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and deal with changing priorities, requirements and timelines/due dates
Education and/or Experience:
- 10+ years of IT experience, with a specific background in IT quality assurance and in maintaining the quality of complex software products
- 5-10 years of relevant management experience with demonstrated success of managing teams of 10+ people including offshore contract resources
- Experience with agile scrum is required
- Bachelor’s Degree from a Four (4) year College or University; Science, engineering, information systems or a similar technical discipline preferred
- Mortgage or Financial Services experience is preferred
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately owned full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, Freedom Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry’s largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm.
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets: Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL; Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and Woodbridge, VA.
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and recognition program, look no further.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?vHgq76jj36%2buWHAxXTz%2bmwv