WHO WE ARE:
Voted one of the Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies in the Bay Area for 2020, Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
We are looking for a Staff Writer (Content Lead) to create the highest trafficked, most engaging personal finance content on the web. The candidate will be experienced and skilled at attracting, persuading, and mobilizing a broad target audience.
- Build the most trusted and highest trafficked website on personal finance and consumer debt.
- Write best in class stories and “how to” advice on popular topics that users actively consume, trust, and share.
- Learn and apply best practices for search engine optimization so that consumers in need find your story first.
- Define a winning content research and creation process based on analytics that consistently delivers stories that out-perform rivals on search engine rank and user engagement.
- Use the content research and creation process to maintain consistent quality through contract writers.
- Partner with product team, social, and PR to ensure your content achieves maximum audience, engagement, and conversion growth.
- Partner with the product team to maximize consumer engagement and value from website tools.
- 5+ years of experience writing website content that drove significant audience and engagement growth. Experience at a top tier personal finance or news website is a strong plus.
- Proven expertise in building trust and compelling action through website content.
- A strong communicator adept at understanding user pain points and breaking complex situations into simple, easy to follow, steps to success that resonate.
- Executor who reliably meets deadlines with polished work individually or through contract writers.
- An excellent collaborator who prioritizes user, website, and team wins above all else.
- Portfolio highlighting multiple, highly engaging, consumer web experiences..
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, or similar degree.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?QPoIpR8FdV6R2dzm%2fTIhAwf