We provide our utility clients with a wide range of energy-saving and renewable energy solutions. From individual utility customers and construction contractors, to utilities, municipalities, and government bodies, our clients have come to depend on our customized energy efficiency programs to help them to meet their energy saving goals.
The Energy Specialist is primarily responsible for completing walk through energy efficiency assessments, the installation of energy efficiency equipment and products, and for deepening customer awareness of and participation in rebate programs and the Utility’s energy efficiency program. They are also responsible for responding to general customer inquiries regarding utility services they receive and for directing the customer to the appropriate contact at the utility company. You will also be working with others who are passionate about energy efficiency and making a positive impact on the industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Deliver professional, high quality services to utility customers.
- Complete walk through energy assessments of properties that identify key natural gas and electric saving opportunities (all living space, basement, attic, and exterior perimeter of building).
- Install energy saving devices including energy efficiency lighting, programmable thermostats and hot water saving devices.
- Build quick rapport with utility customers. Initiate conversations with customers regarding energy usage.
- Clearly explain and articulate energy assessment findings to building owner including explanation of energy efficiency rebates.
- Respond to general utility customer service inquiries and explain other energy rebate offerings and services to customers during home visit (Smartmeter, Refrigerator/Freezer Recycling, Lighting and appliance rebate programs, on-bill financing, etc.) This could include showing customers short videos on Utility company websites or helping them sign into their utility account online.
- Assist Marketing team as directed in with participation in larger trade show and seminar events.
- Actively identify and recommend ways to improve program operations and delivery.
- Continuously drive improvements in quality, customer satisfaction and productivity.
- Accurately complete and maintain all required paperwork, records and documents, etc.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations.
- Conduct inventory counts and submit inventory reports as requested by management.
- Assure the cleanliness and organization of Franklin Energy warehouse locations and fleet vehicle parking areas by regularly assisting with the cleaning and organization of those areas – this includes proper storage of product and recycling materials, if applicable.
- Assure assigned fleet vehicles have all safety products located within and attached to the vehicle, and that the vehicles are kept clean and orderly.
- Perform routine vehicle safety inspections and submit inspection and maintenance reports to management upon request.
Education and Experience
- 2-year Associates degree or equivalent experience
- One of the following:
- Residential building construction
- Heating and Air Conditioning System install, sales or service
- Other energy efficiency designations or certificates including:
- Advanced Home Energy Professional (HEP)
- Building Analyst
- Envelope Professional
- Residential Building Envelope Whole Hose Air Leakage Controller Installer
- Air Conditioning and Heat Pump
- Air sealing and building insulation experience
- Customer Interview & Sit Down – articulate findings and recommendations
- BPI Fundamentals or above is a requirement
- Two years of previous related work experience
- 1-2 years of experience in marketing, community organizing, or a related field – Preferred
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal, interviewing and communication skills.
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases.
- Home Energy Specialist:
- – Building Science & HVAC
- – Assessment and Visual Inspection
- – Customer Interview & Sit Down – articulate findings and recommendations
- – BPI Fundamentals or above is a requirement
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees.
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios.
- Reliable transportation
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel less than 75% of the time.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?rFmTr7PypsHYe9bUCSsIbAx