Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Mobile Labs.
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist II is a staff level position reporting directly to the Director, Laboratory Operations and the Medical Director assigned to perform, interpret, and report accurate and timely laboratory testing in the sections of the laboratory assigned according to standard operating procedures and policies and in accordance with state and federal laboratory law. The CLS will be responsible for performing pre-analytic, analytic, and post-analytic laboratory testing according to established policies and procedures in the Molecular Laboratory.
Licensure/Certification: State of Nevada Clinical Laboratory Scientist License.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Basic knowledge and experience with the molecular platforms. (Bio-Rad, Biosystems, BioFire, etc.)
· Experience with DNA extraction methods (manual and automated) and Qualitative PCR.
· Experience with initial validation studies desirable.
· Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office Applications
· Basic medical terminology, typing, math and computer skills.
· Must demonstrate and maintain current knowledge and skill in providing appropriate care for Geriatric, Adult, Young Adult, and Pediatric patients.
· Must be able to work independently, while also serving in a supervisory capacity for junior staffers and field personnel collecting patient samples.
Essential Job Duties
· Performs molecular and non-molecular laboratory tests according to written laboratory procedure, evaluate test results for accuracy and clinical significance. Reports test results. Tests include various molecular assays/panels for pathogen detection.
· Actively participates in the planning and execution of analytical and clinical validations for new molecular/clinical tests.
· Monitors test analyses and specimen examinations to ensure acceptable levels of analytic performance is maintained.
· Ensure that patient test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and test systems are properly functioning.
· Adheres to all regulatory standards (CAP and CLIA)
· Adheres to the laboratory’s quality control policies, documents all quality control activities, instrument, and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
· Documents all corrective actions are taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
· Regularly communicates with management and support personnel in monitoring and resolving problems.
· Performs necessary clerical and LIS related work accurately.
· Bachelor’s degree in the life Sciences
· CLS California License (Required)
Hours of Work: Days and Swing shifts available; on-demand/per diem shifts come available through the Florence Marketplace App.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?09KdbbZOjubBwUcmB1t7xAv