A new tab will open
Qualified candidate will have dispatching and logistics experience. Candidate preferably has knowledge of and experience with using a satellite-based communication system.
Successful candidate will field phone calls and messages from drivers, relay information, and make decisions to best work around customer, weather, and equipment issues. Position is expected to provide assistance with paperwork and other clerical duties, as assigned.
Our 100+ truck fleet operates 24-7-365 out of eight terminals throughout the Midwest and Texas, centrally dispatched from Green Lake, Wisconsin. We operate via a satellite communication system, making computer skills a vital part of the job. Our software system controls all aspects of our operation, from communication to order entry to maintenance to payroll and invoicing. A portion of our service includes customer inventory monitoring, requiring dispatchers to watch inventory levels in addition to incoming order placement. Dispatchers manage trucks from multiple, overlapping locations requiring clear communication among the department. It is imperative each dispatcher become extremely familiar with all areas of the business to allow flow between shifts and on weekends, and the ability to make adjustments to the schedule as needed. All dispatchers are required to participate in a mandatory rotation of weekend on-call coverage after fully trained.
Essential Job Functions
Chosen candidate must have a positive attitude and excellent customer service skills. Dispatch is fast-paced and requires personnel to be open-minded and welcoming of time-sensitive challenges. Must be highly motivated, with strong logistical and geographical knowledge, and an ability to look ahead and at the big picture.
FLASH has been built on superior customer service and being a value-added partner to our customers. We need all employees to carry out that mission. Service is what we do. We must be a solution and not part of the problem. Dispatchers are expected to communicate with shippers and consignees in a manner that satisfies their needs and keeps them informed. Internally, dispatchers are the acting supervisors of drivers.
Essential job functions of dispatchers include, but are not limited to:
- Enter orders into system accurately and timely as a part of the Dispatch process.
- Timely, constant, and consistent communication within the department and with our maintenance team.
- Monitor customer inventory levels.
- Monitor system messages, errors, and driver activity.
- Deliver exceptional customer service while representing the company in a professional manner.
- Knowledgeable of DOT / FMCSA / CSA regulations
- Approve and verify driver paperwork and/or computer entries.
- Become knowledgeable of company policies and procedures, so as to educate and enforce with drivers. Dispatchers are responsible for reporting misconduct and accidents/damage immediately to Human Resources.
- Become knowledgeable of all types of equipment FLASH operates and understand the scope of all FLASH operations
- Rotating weekend on-call
- Respect of and toward peers, drivers, and technicians
- Strong organizational skills
- Multi-tasking ability
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Proficient with Windows-based programs computer operating systems, specifically Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Communication skills, including oral, written, and electronic.
* The above list is not an all-inclusive list of duties and/or requirements. You will be expected to perform various tasks as required by the customer. As business objectives changes, so too may the duties.
* This job in located in Green Lake, WI; not a work-from-home/remote position.
To Apply: Click Here