At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
First Republic Private Wealth Management is comprised of investment management, brokerage, trust, financial planning and insurance professionals. We offer customized wealth management solutions for our clients from a wide array of services including comprehensive investment management, financial planning, estate planning, trust services, endowment management and more. Our goal is to understand our clients’ unique needs and support them throughout a lifetime of financial goals.
The PWM Operational Risk Associate will have the opportunity to learn all aspects of the Private Wealth Management (“PWM”) business by working with the PWM Risk Manager to identify operational risk across key business areas of PWM and performing first-line control testing.
The PWM Operational Risk Associate will work independently or with the PWM Risk Manager to complete the scheduled testing of controls identified through the Enterprise Risk Management’s Risk Control Assessment (“RCSA”) Process. This role will effectively communicate control deficiencies and assist with other assignments as they arise. This role is vital to the ongoing success of PWM’s ERM operation, which in turn is increasingly important to internal and external auditors and examiners.
This role has to independently assess the Risk Controls identified as part of ERM’s Risk Control Assessment Process; independently determine a testing course of action; establish the parameters of the testing; conduct testing; assess and judge the effectiveness of the control; and implement solutions and courses of action to address any gaps identified. Finally, this role will require reassessment of the remediation plan to ensure ongoing effectiveness to close any gap. This role will conduct specialized work requiring training and knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management techniques and models.
What you’ll do as a PWM Operational Risk Associate:
– Perform RCSA control validation and provide judgement as to the design and operating effectiveness of each control
– Work with Business Leads to identify remedial actions for identified control deficiencies
– Communicate identified control deficiencies to the PWM Risk Manager
– Record control validation in Archer (ERM risk platform)
– Track business line corrective action plans and validate the completion of each remediation solution
– Continuously work to identify opportunities to enhance PWM’s control environment
– Participate in special projects as assigned
You could be a great fit if you have:
– Positive attitude towards risk management
– An analytical and inquisitive mindset
– Ability to work cross-functionally and dynamically
– Good understanding of risks and controls in private wealth management business processes
– The ability to quickly develop rapport with business process owners and second line of defense partner
– Background in Private Wealth Management is essential, preferably with both advisory and brokerage business experience
– 2-5 years’ experience in control testing
– Excellent communication skills; must demonstrate proficiency in report writing
– Proficient in Microsoft Suite products; Visio experience a plus
– Bachelor’s Degree or higher
Own your work and your career – apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability – that’s the First Republic way.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?L61lcg86dERMBVFRp0sRRQx