Head Start Teachers may be eligible for student loan forgiveness programs! For more information, please visit:
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness and organization of the classroom.
- Implements the curriculums approved for use by Policy Council and Board of Directors.
- Communicates and interacts with children, staff, parents and the public in a pleasant and respectful manner.
- Writes developmentally and age appropriate lesson plans that include individualization for each child.
- Uses developmentally appropriate techniques to interact with children – individually or in groups – to support learning throughout the day.
- Ensures that materials to improve and enhance the mandated Head Start Outcomes and Domains are accessible to the children.
- Completes and scores required assessments and screenings, as outlined in the Education and Early Childhood Development Standard Operating Procedures.
- Regularly records child response to lesson planning and make appropriate adjustments.
- Documents the children’s work using the eight forms of evidence including goal(s) and leveling.
- Conducts a minimum of two (2) home visits per year per child. Submits home visit reports to Center Director as he/she designates.
- Abilities to, with or without reasonable accommodations: talk, hear, stand, reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; crouch; crawl; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; see up close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to one hundred (100) pounds.
- Ability to collaborate, effectively facilitate change, communicate opening and effectively, delegate, be flexible, good time/project management, task driven, willingness to learn.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Special Education or related major with a minimum of 18 credit hours in Early Childhood Education, providing a transcript of completed courses via fax to .
- At least 18 years of age
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Experience working with preschool children
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?BxwKZ%2bYHSFc48dhBJ2EW7gc