Primary Purpose of Position:
Performs tasks and provides services to support the plant’s production goals, overall business plans and objectives as directed.
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
- Supports and follows the guidelines of the food safety system.
- Leads personnel in the on-floor efforts of the inspection of materials and products.
- Conducts inspection of in-process materials and in-process and finished product to meet customer specifications.
- Advises production when inspection results do not meet customer specifications.
- Performs on-the-job training and development of assigned personnel.
- Responsible for replenishing supplies and materials required for assigned areas.
- Performs record keeping duties as required under the direction of management.
- Performs troubleshooting and preventative maintenance on inspection equipment as required.
- May perform customer service calls for assigned customers.
- May assist with gage calibration.
- May interpret basics of SPC (statistical process control).
- May provide the crew with support and technical expertise for the Infinity system.
- May produce printing plates for the crew on a back up basis or as needed.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer.
- Communicates pertinent information to next shift.
- Performs production operator’s duties as assigned for break relief.
- Performs clean-up, painting, and housekeeping duties.
- Initiates, reviews, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- Required to work assigned schedule or 12-hour shifts, rotating days and nights, Monday through Sunday, working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Communicates with the emergency coordinator (EC) or Environmental Focal Point/Environmental Manager (EFP/EM) regarding environmental management activities.
- Understands and responds effectively to EC directions during emergencies by being familiar with emergency procedures, equipment, and systems, as necessary. Implements contingency plan to the level required by the position.
- Understands, completes, and maintains environmental documentation for which the individual is trained, or as directed by the EC, EFP, or EM (i.e., inspections, labeling, record keeping, maintenance of equipment, etc.). Reports to the EC, EFP, or EM on the status of assigned responsibilities.
- Recognizes waste streams and minimizes waste generation, through prudent use of materials, proper disposal and segregation as directed during training or by the EC, EFP/EM. Understands and practices proper accumulation and storage requirements for wastes.
- Complies with environmental regulations when using, dispensing, or handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials and wastes.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education or equivalent.
- Job-related experience for 2 years minimum.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: nomenclature of all assigned equipment and products.
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard quality control techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Corporation manuals.
- Maintains an awareness and complies with hazardous waste management and other environmental management requirements in the workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
- Thorough understanding of the operating principles of all assigned equipment.
- Ability to identify product defects using appropriate inspection procedures and test equipment.
- Ability to understand the changeover process according to the SOPs.
- Ability to effectively train personnel.
- Ability to effectively lead personnel.
- Ability to learn customer specifications.
- Ability to maintain inspection equipment.
- Ability to use charts and graphs.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- Works in a manufacturing environment.
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc.
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
- Works in confined area(s).
- Must be able to match colors.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?Q3uTJR55TMxONXgE%2bvFlogl