Company is currently seeking a Vice President to join its Social Impact & Public Affairs teams to play a central role with new and longstanding clients.
This role will be based in Washington, D.C., helping to lead key Company client engagements, and will also contribute to the work of Powell Tate, the specialty public affairs unit of Company.
Candidates should demonstrate a proven track record of leading external communications, including working directly with senior-level clients/stakeholders to shape strategies and messaging. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of the U.S. political landscape at the federal, state and local levels, as well as the intersection of earned, paid and owned media, including through experience working for elected officials, candidates, or campaigns.
The candidate will also understand the expectations on the private sector to lead – alone, or in partnership with government – to solve important national and global challenges, such as climate change and rising inequity.
Candidates must be driven, poised and team-oriented, with a demonstrated ability to learn issues quickly and communicate effectively with internal and external audiences. They must possess exceptional judgment when working with team members, client contacts and vendors, including legal and government relations partners, and experience managing teams and supervising individuals.
- Design and implement purpose, public affairs and issue advocacy campaigns on behalf of corporate, non-profit, coalition and trade association clients, including in highly-regulated industries
- Serve as a primary client contact responsible for strategic counsel, management of account deliverables and deadlines
- Develop, oversee and execute corporate reputation, stakeholder engagement and integrated marketing and communications programs and campaigns, including but not limited to: data and analytics, strategic planning, formative research, message testing, creative concepting and production, earned, paid and owned media
- Manage cross-functional teams, providing leadership, direction and guidance to ensure we deliver our best work and exceed client expectations
- Create opportunities for team members to learn and grow – promoting and retaining a collaborative, inclusive work environment conducive to success
- Provide oversight of budget, multi-agency and vendor contracting, timelines and reporting
- Serve as a key senior member of the social impact and public affairs teams, contributing to ongoing business development, management and coaching of junior team members and inspiring emerging leaders in our agency
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years related professional experience
Additional Qualifications – Success Factors
- Integrated communications and political/legislative experience
- Experience managing significant client programs, cross-functional teams and integrated campaigns
- Significant media relations experience and contacts
- Fluent in national, business, and political media, as well as digital strategy and social media
- Can turn ideas into workable plans, while anticipating client and team needs
- Ability to work in, motivate, and mobilize fast-paced, highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary teams
- Proactive self-starter and problem solver with meticulous attention to detail
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Resilient mindset, deep curiosity and a healthy sense of humor
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?sAbWxt0qRktnKkaX6rctBQm