A new tab will open
Individuals who hold this position are responsible for successfully executing their responsibilities as they relate to the US Primary Casualty business line which include but are not limited to:
- Acting as a specialist who looks closely at every risk and treats each on its own merits; never making the mistake of categorizing or dealing with them in the same way.
- Taking an underwriting approach that is considered and enables us to find solutions to highly complex risks; allowing us to create bespoke products suited to each client’s particular needs.
- Building strong, longstanding relationships with our brokers, based on excellent service and flexibility across all our products.
Will have knowledge in target industries and businesses that include but are not limited to: Real Estate, Construction, Mercantile, Hospitality, Manufacturers and Distributors of products.
- Work with the Managers to maintain the company Primary Casualty product line portfolio for Specific segments of the portfolio to meet planned targets of the business plan including GWP, NWP, loss ratios and expenses.
- Develop and manage strong broker relationships.
- To review, negotiate, accept or decline risks on behalf of the company.
- To ensure all risks written adhere to the company’s underwriting standards and individual authority limits.
- To effectively use in-house underwriting database e.g., data input, interrogation of data, report generation.
- Creates alignment by seeing Aspen big picture, communicates effectively, influences others in business unit and works effectively with other business units or Product Lines within the group to create value proposition for the company brand.
- Develop or modify policy wordings.
- Support market associations and trade bodies.
- Contribute to and work with internal committees as appropriate.
- Execution of plans focusing on service, analyzing and solving problems, applying financial acumen & overall managing execution to achieve results.
- Enforces integrated business unit teamwork and communication.
Skills & experience
- 10-15 or more years of commercial casualty underwriting experience, E&S experience preferred.
- BS or BA preferred. MBA or CPCU is a plus, but not required.
- Strong knowledge of exposures, risks and coverage forms within all segments of the Primary Casualty Product Line.
- Solid foundation of Primary Casualty technical underwriting expertise and coverage analysis.
- Marketing skills, established relationships with wholesale E&S Casualty brokers a plus.
To Apply: Click Here