About the Job
We are seeking a Senior Vice President or Executive Vice President with expertise in PR, communications and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I). This role, strategically important to our firm, will lead our growing body of client-directed DE&I work externally, reporting to the Managing Director of Purpose and Impact. In addition, this individual will champion DE&I efforts on behalf of Company internally, working closely with our CEO and Chief Talent Officer.
Company is committed to creating an environment where every person – across race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, age and ability – feels welcome, valued and confident that Company is a place where they can advance their careers. You will build out and champion Company’s commitments that span building a diverse workforce, fostering an inclusive culture, advocating for lasting change and advancing client work. You will collaborate with our existing DE&I Council and leaders across all offices, practices, and sectors to guide recruitment, programming, training and development efforts, external partnerships and overall strategic engagement. Additionally, you will also work on select external initiatives to help drive greater diversity in the communications industry overall.
As important, in this role, you will serve as a team lead/senior advisor to clients, helping them to develop strategies and deploy communications that will support and amplify their DE&I efforts. You will help clients establish their DE&I plans, forge new partnerships and bring their vision to life through activations, including executive positioning and leadership, external storytelling, third party advocacy and employee engagement. In addition, you will partner with colleagues across our global agency in new business pursuits.
The most successful leaders at Company know how to balance thinking and doing. We’re looking for masters of the craft, who are excellent people leaders, client counselors, who will roll up their sleeves and stay close to the work.
- Provide strategic leadership for the policies and practices related to diversity, equity and inclusion for Company, and for our clients
- Develop strategic, visionary DE&I plans for clients and communicate them compellingly with supporting recommendations and substantive logic
- Use insights and expertise to plan and advise on DE&I communications strategy for multi-national companies and brands across a variety of sectors
- Counsel clients in real time in response to social issues
- Support our clients and our global organization with insight and sensitivity to cultural norms and nuances
- Partner with our Multicultural practice to counsel clients regarding issues of social justice and DE&I
- Help to grow business organically with existing clients; expand scope of work using network capabilities; lead DE+I new business opportunities
- Drive learning and ongoing education on matters of DE+I for the agency
- Provide guidance and leadership, supervising staff members to ensure success by managing work quality and productivity levels
- Mentor, coach and support team members in developing their DE&I expertise
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement of your own skills by pursuing stretch goals
- Maintain financial responsibility for accounts including forecasting and account profitability
- At least 15 years of DE&I and CSR communications expertise, agency experience preferred
- Must have a strong background in public relations or integrated marketing communications
- Must have experience in DE&I, including: strategic planning, partnership development, workforce representation, inclusive culture, advocacy, inclusive marketing and multicultural communications.
- Natural collaborator who can think strategically, creatively and holistically
- Ability to provide sound creative and strategic counsel to clients
- Proven consulting and client relationship skills, particularly the ability to engage, influence and build credibility with senior stakeholders
- Talent for developing stories across a range of media, including written, graphic, web, PR, social media and face to face channels
- Excellent presentation skills, from developing content through delivery, including new business
- Collaborative spirit and results driven with the ability to manage multiple priorities and work against deadlines
- Proven leadership experience, mentoring and developing junior talent
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?WUD9hS6Apnf5XigZC8aDAAa