The SVP, Strategy & Corporate Development will lead the COMPANY enterprise Strategy and Corporate Development groups and be responsible for developing and driving COMPANY’s Corporate, Business Unit, and Regional strategic and financial goals.
More specifically, the SVP, Strategy & Corporate Development is responsible for the oversight and management of the entire Strategy and Corporate Development team in actively (1) leading corporate strategy and the annual strategic planning process, (2) identifying, analyzing and developing business development opportunities at the Corporate, Regional and Business Unit levels, (3) structuring and executing on M&A and other strategic transactions as approved by the Corporate Development Steering Team and the COMPANY Board of Directors, and (4) developing and managing the post-merger integration process or transition service process with respect to closed acquisitions or divestitures, as the case may be.
This position requires an expert understanding of the medical device, diagnostics and life sciences industries including market dynamics and competitors, and requires well developed leadership competencies in planning, structuring and implementing strategic business development objectives. The SVP, Strategy & Corporate Development is a member of the COMPANY Leadership Team and the Corporate Development Steering Team (CDST) and manages the CDST calendars and agendas, and provides senior executive leadership oversight for activities and outcomes related to COMPANY’s strategic transaction portfolio. Furthermore, this leader will collaborate with the other members of the senior leadership team to ensure that COMPANY’s strategy is robustly implemented and monitored.
- Lead the development, identification, analysis, qualification, planning, execution, and integration of Corporate business development strategies and opportunities.
- Oversee the M&A landscaping and related strategic processes to support the development of sound M&A strategies at the Corporate, Business Unit and Regional levels of COMPANY. Work closely with the CEO and Regional and Business Unit Presidents and GMs on strategy development related to deployment of inorganic opportunities, business evolution, and business development solutions and structures.
- Direct the analysis of business opportunities in order to help make recommendations for new projects, businesses, partnerships, and collaborations at the Corporate, Regional and Business Unit levels. Responsible for intake of and management of responses to externally proposed inorganic opportunity possibilities.
- Lead evaluation of business areas that are being considered for possible divestiture. Develop, manage, and oversee process of identifying potential acquirers as well as evaluating other potential business options.
- Lead and supervise the evaluation, qualification and execution of mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, alliances, collaborations, and/or joint ventures and other potential corporate development projects at the Corporate, Regional and Business Unit levels. Responsible for the design of transaction structures to meet stated strategic and financial objectives and for completion of approved transactions to achieve these objectives from the initial contact through integration.
- Act as a liaison to the Investment Banking, private equity, venture capital and business development communities in sourcing, receiving and evaluating new business opportunities and representing COMPANY as a company “open for business” in M&A, including by representing COMPANY within industry groups and speaking at industry or professional events.
- Organize, manage and oversee the leaders of transaction teams including Strategy and Corporate Development associates leading quantitative analysis, due diligence processes, transaction execution, and post-merger integration as well as functional leaders and subject matter experts from corporate and business groups, and external advisors.
- Working closely with the Law Group and the CDST, oversee and direct negotiations with external parties, ensuring all business, technical, legal and regulatory requirements are met.
- Manage the creation, implementation, and continuous improvement of state-of-the-art business development processes (including M&A landscaping, due diligence and integration) and financial evaluation tools.
- Participate on the CDST and managing the group’s calendars and agendas. Ensure preparation and delivery of proposals, updates, briefing materials and documentation for critical decisions by the CDST for assigned transaction opportunities.
- Working with the CEO, CFO and GC, responsible for updating and consulting with the COMPANY Board of Directors as to Corporate Development activities, processes and impact, as well as individual transaction opportunities.
- Mentor and develop associates within the Corporate Development group and in business unit and regional business development functions.
The successful candidate will be a bright and dynamic leader who has spent years mastering strategy and corporate development. The candidate will bring experience to COMPANY to understand how to best position the company for further growth. The candidate will be collaborative & team focused in working style with a demonstrated ability to influence peers and business leaders.
In addition to these overall characteristics and skills, the ideal candidate will bring the following experience:
- Domain expertise in Healthcare (ideally a mix of medical devices, diagnostics, and life sciences).
- Minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible business or functional leadership positions, with at least 8 years in a management position.
- Thorough knowledge of business development, licensing arrangements, business models, negotiation methodologies, management controls, acquisition and divestiture analyses.
- Extensive experience in transaction structuring and negotiation required.
- Strong background in strategic thinking and a demonstrated ability to perform complex qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Functionally broad, technically competent, and commercially savvy
- Possesses excellent business and commercial skills and understands how to deliver profitable growth in healthcare during a time of great growth and change; demonstrated history of driving results in a changing environment
- Strategic, innovative, creative and inquisitive quality of mind, with good business acumen and good judgment which will enable the person to provide timely and appropriately risk balanced advice and guidance
- Fact-based with a data driven, analytical approach to identifying opportunities and solving problems
- Quickly grasps key business drivers and how to unlock value in existing markets or develop new/adjacent ones
- Has clear emphasis and acumen on creating value, improving profitability, and evaluating competitive advantage.
- Clear understanding of complex business principles and concepts, and will know how those are applied in the business, economic and social models related to the company’s business
- Savvy communicator who understands the global business environment and the various market forces that drive it
- The inclination to seek and analyze data from a variety of sources to support decisions and to align others with the organization’s overall strategy.
- Translates the vision/mission of the organization into actionable, quantitative plans
- Serve as a trusted contributor to business strategy, who can help assess the impact of executive decisions on the company’s reputation, market value, and overall business success
- The ability to effectively balance the desire/need for broad change with an understanding of how much change the organization is capable of handling, to create realistic goals and implementation plans that are achievable and successful.
Executing for Results
- The ability to set clear and challenging goals while committing the organization to improved performance; tenacious and accountable in driving results.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty; the ability to adapt nimbly and lead others through complex situations.
- Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure
- A team player, who is cooperative, encourages collaboration and builds understanding; one who easily gains trust and support of superiors and peers and who can find common ground and solve problems and owns their projects and commitments
- A leader who is viewed by others as having a high degree of integrity and forethought in his/her approach to making decisions; the ability to act in a transparent and consistent manner while always taking into account what is best for the organization.
- The ability to attract and recruit top talent, motivate the team, delegate effectively, celebrate diversity within the team, and manage performance; widely viewed as a strong developer of others.
- The ability to persevere in the face of challenges, and exhibit a steadfast resolve and relentless commitment to higher standards, which commands respect from followers.
- A leader who is self-reflective and aware of his/her own limitations; leads by example and drives the organization’s performance with an attitude of continuous improvement by being open to feedback and self-improvement.
Relationships and Influence
- ….. click apply for full job details
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?fmcGIC3YIQR8laXUqVRJYww