The Hospital Chief Operating Officer is responsible for the operations of a large hospital under the direction of a Hospital President; specifically the organization and utilization of resources to provide: safety, quality and compliance of patient care; financial accountability; medical staff relations; leading and developing high functioning teams; and achieving the mission and performance standards of the hospital, as measured against approved goals and objectives established by the Bon Secours Company (BSMH) Executive Leadership Council.
- In the absence of the Hospital President and/or as assigned, represents the Hospital President in the coordination of entire portions of the hospital organization. Communicates a shared vision to all stakeholders in the facility and the community.
- Leads the implementation of business plans for programs and services of assigned facility while fostering a culture of trust, high reliability, safety and quality.
- Actively recommends, plans and implements innovations to the organization that improve results and drive engagement of patients, employees, physicians and the local community; based on timely and ongoing evaluation of operational results. May include the construction or renovation of structures and the acquisition of approved equipment.
- Manages the hospital’s efforts aimed at maximizing third party reimbursement by continually implementing quality improvements, strategies to improve the patient experience.
- Ensures adherence to the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services, and compliance with all regulations governing health care delivery and the rules of accrediting bodies, by continually monitoring the operations of the hospital and implementing changes when required.
- Ensures that revenue goals, cost objectives, and market share targets are achieved in assigned facilities.
- Optimizes the utilization and availability of resources, including people, capital and knowledge to achieve the objectives of the organization while scaling and standardizing services. Provides input to staffing and resource planning in direct and indirect reporting departments as they affect operations of the facility.
- Confers with the medical staff in the areas of medical quality assurance and utilization to ensure mutual understanding of expectations and to obtain ideas to further progress in meeting the BSMH mission.
- Makes and implements plans that uphold and improve the experience of all parties who interact with services rendered by the facility, including patients, customers, families, associates and providers.
- Develops the talent of the organization in direct reporting relationships and across Shared Services teams who work in the hospital(s); effectively attracts, mentors, and develops future leaders of BSMH and Catholic Health Care to live up to their potential and optimize productivity.
Required Minimum Education:
Bachelor’s and Master’s degree
MHA or other related advanced degree
Masters of Health Administration, Public Health, or related degree such as Business or other Health Care degree
Minimum Years and Type of Experience
Require a minimum of 7 years experience in health care leadership (acute care hospital, medical center, integrated delivery system), dependent upon the volume and complexity of the assigned hospital(s), Preferred: 2 years of which are at the executive level with multi-departmental oversight (VP and above)
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Demonstrated operations leadership with results in operational improvement. Ability to articulate a working knowledge of the major financial, regulatory, compliance, ethical, and legal issues affecting the healthcare industry.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred
An active participant in civic activities with willingness to invest time and resources. Experience in a faith-based health system.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?aZd6%2f%2f3trp%2f1S2HVFCn1kwh