COMPANY is seeking a Chief Operating Officer (COO) who has experience as a highly successful leader with responsible ethics, personal integrity, and corporate citizenship that will ensure compliance in all aspects of the business. This newly created role will report to the President of COMPANY. The COO should have an extensive background in the chemical industry experience with particular experience in operations, sales, technical and finance (including P&L and Budgeting). The COO will have frequent and close working relationships with the ICC Industries Chairman of the Board, Vice Chair of the Board and ICC President. This position will oversee and is accountable for the attainment of short and long term company objectives. This person will need to be a proven leader and have exceptional experience in mentoring and growing people.
NATURE AND SCOPE
The COO will play a key role in developing the strategy and tactical execution of strategy, new business opportunities, operational and short/long term business planning. This position will have responsibilities in the oversite of the following functional areas:
- EHS, regulatory compliance and corporate governance
- Operational performance
- Customer/industry relationships and responsible for meeting margin and profitability performance goals
- R&D and stage gate activities
- Meeting defined corporate performance metrics
- Expense and cost controls
- Human capital development and mentoring/succession planning
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Please include on your resume a one line description of your company’s manufacturing sector
- Bachelors of Science degree, preferably in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry; MBA preferred
- 15+ years’ experience in specialty chemicals or chemicals-related industry such as plastics, lubricants, or petrochemicals
- 10+ years’ experience at the level of a COO, SVP or Global Director in the specialty chemical industry or chemicals-related industry.
- Must have thorough understanding of the global chemical industry, and how it relates to COMPANY’s current activity and long term potential
- Must be skilled at examining and re-engineering operations and procedures to define capital needed for growth and productivity
- Track record of customer and supplier relationships, and understanding of competitive value creation
- Must have a strong understanding of annual operating budget, financial planning, and management of internal resources in order to meet and maximize financial objectives.
- Must be capable of setting directives, as well as establishing individual initiatives that enable COMPANY to reach its short and long term objectives.
- Ability to develop strategies and identify business opportunities that lead to future financial growth.
- Must have “Leadership Agility” in order to maintain business success in today’s increasingly complex, fastpaced and changing business environment.
- Cultural “fit” within the COMPANY and its parent company, ICC is a must
- Must have an executive “presence,” with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels
- Views the business with an “executive mentality”, understanding how the moving parts work together for success
- Broad understanding of business issues, metrics, organizational linkages and customer value.
- Lead and foster a positive working environment, which allows employees the opportunity for professional development
- Experience analyzing and interpreting market/industry trends, opportunities/threats, and financial data
- Experience in formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Must have demonstrated a track record for sound judgement and critical thinking
- Operational oversite and experience with capital planning
- Work closely with business unit leaders on commercial strategy to maximize profitability and value
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?ywVuF6XeMb8NHgQO%2fg3Jbgm