The Cloud Management Business Unit makes cloud complexity invisible so that customers can focus on transforming their business. The 1000+ person BU manages the vRealize range of products, generating over $2B a year in bookings with a range of SaaS and on-premise software for managing Hybrid Clouds and modern applications. The Chief-of-Staff for the BU plays a critical role in developing strategy and execution plans to develop exciting new VMware products and solutions and make them successful. Our team works to promote a culture of agility, operational excellence, visibility, accountability, and data-informed decisions.
Job Role and Responsibilities
The Chief of Staff role requires exceptional leadership, strategic thinking, analytic detail and rigor, and ability to influence by through respect and trust. The CoS will work closely with the CMBU General Manager and the Director of Strategic Programs and Operations to manage the operations and strategic decision-making process of the BU driving transformation that results in greater organizational effectiveness and efficiency. You will be deeply involved in the flow of the business’ executive management and decision making, and will have to prioritize and balance while building a reputation for reliability, objectivity, and partnership across the BU and company.
- Coordinate operational and strategic planning, budgets, program investments, and allocations across functional areas
- Manage relationships with other BUs and functional organizations
- Create and manage the heartbeat of CMBU’s operational rhythm, allowing for visibility and proactive planning
- Harmonize and manage CMBU program and project portfolio so all initiatives work towards effectively operationalizing planning goals and principles.
Guide strategic decision-making processes
- Identify areas of strategic importance and engage the right people and data to focus executive time and attention on rapid resolution of thorny strategic problems
- Be the voice of the organization as a whole in leadership discussions, advocating on behalf of the team
Promote a community of inclusive leadership with a sense of urgency
- Planning and building content for internal communications, all-hands meetings, offsites
- Be a key bridge from leadership to the rest of the organization, conveying and ensuring successful communication and implementation of critical organizational and operational decisions
- Provide clear, concise, transparent, and insightful communication to the team, executives, and a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Help make the team a great, inclusive place to work
Build programs to organize and execute BU goals
- Ensuring collaboration for relevant projects and coordinating interlocks on key projects/initiatives
- Design and execute initiatives that contribute to long-term operational excellence, ensuring key projects have clear milestones, success measures and operational plans.
- Navigate challenging team dynamics with tact and confidence as an objective program manager.
- 10+ years’ experience in leading/managing operations and large scale projects in a distributed organization
- Savvy with financial planning and budget decision-making processes
- Ability to build trust with executives and internal / external stakeholders of all levels.
- Strong written communication skills and ability to distill and convey information in a compelling manner
- Executive presence
- Detail-oriented organizational and process management skills to manage a wide range of incoming requests and responsibilities
- Strong work ethic, disciplined execution skills, willingness to do whatever it takes to deliver results
- Acting as a good sounding board for others, with low ego, and ability to anticipate the needs of a busy executive and team
- Understanding of technical subjects and technologies relevant to the program
- Self-starter who enjoys problem-solving with little direct supervision. Ability to learn quickly with a high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
- Domain experience in software virtualization, distributed systems software, SaaS applications, cloud, networking or security
- Full-stack programs experience: able to dig in and figure out the details, yet roll it all up to an easy to understand team and executive level
- Ability to connect the dots between functions and processes in terms of broader business implications, including tactical, strategic, and enterprise dependencies, with an awareness of the up/downstream requirements
- Experience running Communications and Culture initiatives
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle; ability to adjust and apply this knowledge in a dynamic environment using agile methodologies.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?ywVuF6XeMb9RrI%2fQabixFAm