1. Manages the Compliance function in order to ensure that all Bank functions are in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations by performing the following:
a. Promotes the Company’s top down approach to compliance in accordance with the Holding Company’s current Compliance Charter.
b. Ensures that business lines develop adequate policies and procedures to address the spirit and letter of compliance and nondiscrimination.
c. Develops risk assessments and risk-based compliance monitoring schedules for approval and reporting results to the Chief Risk Officer.
d. Verifies that employees are receiving adequate compliance training and reports those results.
e. Informs personnel about changes in laws and regulations and their implications for Company policies and procedures through automated or individual communication, allowing each business line to make changes to remain in compliance.
f. Establishes compliance resources for business line and compliance personnel to resolve compliance related questions in addition to providing results of research to them directly.
g. As needed, reviews forms, notes, documents, contracts, advertising, web pages etc., to ensure that current and complying forms are in use.
h. Maintains procedures to address all consumer complaints and notices relating to compliance issues.
i. Maintains knowledge of current federal, state, and local regulations and laws affecting all Company functions.
j. Works with Federal and State compliance examiners; takes/recommends action to correct deficiencies.
k. Works with internal and external auditors to assist in review, identification, and correction of noted deficiencies in the compliance programs.
l. Carries out the mission and needs of the Company’s Community Reinvestment Act Program by executing and managing the day-to-day CRA data collection activities and other CRA requirements.
2. Implements strategies to achieve goals assigned to the department as established in the assigned division’s annual operating plan; assists in the development of the annual budget for the department and adheres to budget parameters.
3. Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the workplace.
4. Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Company’s compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act, etc.; ensures that the department and all personnel adhere to the same.
5. Directly supervises assigned personnel as follows:
a. Assists in the selection of new personnel as appropriate.
b. Makes provisions for the proper orientation and training of new personnel.
c. Reviews employee performance throughout the introductory period and on a regularly scheduled basis thereafter.
d. Organizes, schedules, and distributes work among assigned personnel.
e. Keeps personnel informed of pertinent policies and procedures affecting the department and/or their jobs; creates an atmosphere in which upward communication from employees is encouraged.
f. Administers personnel policies and procedures as established by Company policy.
6. Communicates with the Chief Risk Officer, other department managers, and appropriate staff personnel to integrate goals and activities.
7. Provides periodic reports to the Chief Risk Officer and other groups as required.
Chief Compliance Officer
Responsible for managing the compliance function in order to ensure the Company’s ongoing compliance with regulatory laws, acts, etc.; reading and analyzing new and existing laws at the Federal, State and Local level to determine their impact on the Company; implementation of automated systems to make compliance more efficient; overseeing, conducting and performing risk assessments to determine what compliance monitoring is needed; ensuring compliance with and maintaining policies and procedures for compliance with CRA, Fair Lending, and Regulation O; developing and managing a compliance monitoring schedule and controls/work papers; working with business lines as needed to help them produce compliant procedures and processes, as well as policies for Board of Director approval, to facilitate implementation of the specific regulatory requirements; designing and implementing strategies to achieve goals developed for the department as part of the assigned division’s annual operating plan; developing and following the internal compliance review schedule as submitted and approved by the Chief Risk Officer; when required, assisting in drafting replies to and tracking resolutions of internal compliance audit or review exceptions; ensuring the department’s compliance with operating policies and procedures and outside regulatory requirements; directly supervising assigned personnel; communicating with appropriate management and staff personnel; providing periodic reports.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance. Master’s degree preferred.
- Professional accreditation as a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or Certified Community Bank Compliance Officer (CCBCO) required. Other certifications such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Risk Professional (CRP) and Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) are a plus.
- MS Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access
- Eight or more years of bank experience to include compliance administration, risk management and audit work in a financial institution.
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to make presentation to large groups of people
- Sound business judgment with strong analytical and risk assessment skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to provide leadership, supervision, training, and utilization of positive supervisory techniques to ensure maximum productivity; demonstrated ability in organization and delegation skills
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of management procedures; ability to plan activities; initiative to organize various functions necessary to accomplish department or Bank activities; effectively meeting department staffing requirements (selecting, training and developing employees); directing employees towards the desired objectives (delegating, motivating, resolving problems); controlling the function (developing performance standards, measuring results, taking corrective action and rewarding employees as appropriate).
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?pHOBB7%2bmn%2fOWNUtchGY6cgr