The Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) is the internal strategist and external spokesman for how Company interfaces with its customers to drive current and future growth. The CCO’s interaction and contemplation on customers is not only financial or growth-driven but holistic. The CCO looks at account relationships and positioning, executive bonding and offering and product footprints at clients and in the marketplace. They are truly the chief in charge of the revenue model and its execution for the company. The CCO oversees the company’s sales and marketing departments, reports directly to the Chief.
Areas of Responsibility
- Focus will primarily be on strategic marketing and new business development initiatives and activities.
- Provides management and leadership to Company’s sales and marketing departments.
- Oversee and provide strategic leadership regarding existing sales techniques and customer engagement.
- Build and maintain a strategic marketing focus within the company (e.g., customer intel, voice of customer, competitor intel, industry networking, segmentation strategies, pricing strategies, definition/build-out of new products and services across market and customer segments, thought leadership).
- Strengthen the tactical marketing function (e.g., website, social media, Company University, customer enquiries/service).
- Partner in the creation of a business development function within Company focusing on both core and non-core opportunities (e.g., growth strategies, partnering opportunities, new product/service opportunities, new business models).
- Partner with other members of the executive team to execute the current corporate strategic plan and develop future to sustain growth.
- Ensure performance, strategy, and alignment of the organization’s revenue-generating departments.
- Lead a multi-faceted sales organization that can drive business growth across all customer segments and profiles and drive accountability from the marketing function for improving the individual customer experience and strategy.
- Help maximize reach and efficiency by adding new, scalable partners in a strategic way.
- Build and foster creative teams committed to continuing our culture of innovation.
- Monitor the revenue pipeline and leads, adjusting as necessary to create sustainable growth.
- Monitor the marketplace and analyze opportunities, providing competitive analysis, strategies, and tactics.
- Stay well-connected with customers to ensure broad market needs are being incorporated into the product development and enhancement cycle.
- Collaborate with finance, product management, and marketing on messaging, pricing strategies, and business models to achieve revenue goals.
- Identify and resolve issues across the marketing/sales and account management functions.
- Participate in contract negotiations.
- Develop and maintain Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in the insurance and peripheral industries.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Licensure
- BA/BS in marketing, business administration, or a related field is required.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or other relevant advanced degree is required.
- Relevant professional certifications and designations are highly preferred.
- Minimum of ten years in a sales and marketing role, preferably in a business to business sales environment within the professional services and/or technology industries.
- Minimum of ten years of management and leadership experience, preferably at the executive or senior leadership level.
- Demonstrated success in building an effective business development and marketing strategy within an organization and delivering measurable results.
‘Skills and Capabilities
- Able to set strategic direction and guide successful plan implementation.
- Ability to see the “big picture” and prioritize appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-functional teams to successfully achieve goals.
- Strong leadership, problem-solving skills and decision-making abilities.
- Able to motivate, inspire and champion ideas.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, negotiating and influencing abilities.
- A strong network of other sales/marketing and/or business professionals.
- Entrepreneurial spirit; ability to help grow a company.
- Passionate desire to exceed and excel.
- Understanding and ability to establish and maintain excellent business relationships with C-level executives of key target clients and strategic partners.
- Superior professional presence and business acumen.
- Competency with data analytics.
- Ability to work cross-departmentally.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% and when necessary.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Innovative/creative thinker.
- Adapts well to rapidly changing environment (i.e., flexible).
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?YLPfdHrficO5BnrB9no%2fdQg