- Business. Develop/ set and implement financial policy and budgets, advise senior management on fiscal and resource issues and solutions, financial management of all program activity, works authorization and procurement planning are required of this position. Supports development, communication, and implementation of strategic programs and policies and will provide business and programmatic leadership and direction in support of the M&O contract.
- Strategic Planning.Provide a focal point and leadership for development of all Strategic planning activities in NNSA Operations & Programs. This includes development of strategic initiatives, issuing documentation and monitoring progress. A major role is establishing and maintaining close contact with key DOE-HQ & NNSA customers, National Laboratories and key university strategic business contacts. The position will also be the primary interface with SRS Strategic Planning initiatives and a subject matter expert on SRS operations, planning and project processes.
Key Roles and Responsibility:
Business. Responsible to drive communication and execution of the strategic objectives which integrate technical, operational, and functional resources of the business throughout the organization. Projects as assigned by SVP and Deputy VP.
- Leads SRTE business systems for 1000+/- employees with an annual financial plan of over $400M+ dispersed over numerous facilities and programs.
- Provide budgeting, prioritization, scheduling, integration, resource planning, and negotiation in support of performance incentives and contract deliverables.
- Advise senior leadership regarding funding to ensure work scope is achievable within the current Defense Program targets.
- Drive the Estimate At Completion (EAC) process and monitor expenditures by analyzing variances and initiating corrective action recommendations for Senior management.
- Coordinate directly with NNSA-Albuquerque and NNSA-HQ in the development of Budget Submissions and various weapon scenarios.
Strategic Planning. Directly supports SRTE Senior Vice President in shaping strategic objectives and policies for operations, projects, and programs, and be the focal point and provide leadership for Strategic Planning activities for NNSA Ops & Programs. This includes:
- Organizing the development of plans, organizing the sessions, documenting the results, and after proper reviews, issuing the plans. This applies to various aspects of the NNSA Ops & Program: Stockpile Stewardship Management Plan, business plans, line item and small project portfolio planning, etc. It also includes ongoing reviews by DOE-HQ and site management as well as finalizing results.
- Lead the development of Strategic Initiatives (improvements, efficiency gains, business planning, infrastructure recapitalization, company partnering, etc.) for NNSA Ops & Programs. Develop the targets and prepare white papers and other documentation necessary to move the initiatives forward for funding.
- Establishing and maintaining close contact and communication with NNSA and key DOE-HQ customers, key National Laboratories and key university strategic business contacts.
- Serve as the representative for Savannah River to the Mutual Defense Agreement (MDA) collaboration between the United States and the United Kingdom. Attend necessary joint operations working group (JOWOG) and collaboration meetings to influence and shape strategic solutions for both countries.
YOU MUST HAVE
- BS degree in Engineering, Business, or related field
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive senior leadership experience within a commercial, government, or military operations environment
- Due to contractual requirements of the customer, must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to attain and maintain a DOE Q level security clearance
We Value (Preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of NNSA Ops & Programs, projects and planning processes
- Knowledge of project scheduling, and forecasting work scope in regard to new construction/projects
- Knowledge of Cost Engineering concepts; i.e., Budget-At Completion (BAC), Budgeted Cost of Work Performed (BCWP), Budgeted Cost of Work Scheduled (BCWS), Actual Cost of Work Performed (ACWP), Cost Performance Index (CPI), Schedule Performance Index (SPI), etc.
- Advanced degree/MBA preferred
- Direct experience with matrix management and influencing through indirect leadership in a highly complex, matrixed, cross functional organization.
- Financial acumen and business strategy expertise to make and/or recommend business decisions at the executive level
- Ability to interact tactfully with all levels of management and customers and to work with stakeholders and team members at all levels of the business
- Demonstrated ability to identify customer requirements in an ambiguous customer-focused business
- Ability to define and drive customer recognized results in a government regulatory environment
- Ability to manage business and organizational vision by communicating a compelling purpose, supporting change cross-organizationally, and driving business and customer excellence
- Small Project Management experience and work-related experience or familiarity with, Design Engineering, Design Authority, Constructions, and Startup
- Ability to lead under pressure in a dynamic environment with a high degree of initiative, motivation and the ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Previous experience working in a nuclear or hazardous chemical environment
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?epParQgY%2fudmkTDj2Gjhvwn