Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
We are seeking a talented scientist to join our efforts in the discovery of novel small molecule and protein therapeutics for veterinary medicine applications. The successful candidate should have an interest in veterinary applications and have hands-on experience with performing biospecimen tracking, processing, and testing including use of automation equipment. This job will require an independent thinker with the ability to innovate from the bench and efficiently collaborate with other team members within one’s own line as well as the project team. Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential. This position will not have any direct reports and will not require any significant travel. Scientists with a keen interest in Veterinary Medicine and proven research ability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Professional Scientific Services, LLC, is a nationally recognized laboratory and we are searching for a Laboratory Automation and Programming Specialist to support our Professional Scientific Staffing group in Kalamazoo, MI.
As our Laboratory Automation and Programming Specialist your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Experience with sample handling including small molecule compounds (preparation, dilution, transfer, plating) and biospecimens (preparation, dilution, transfer, plating of plasma, serum, urine, etc.)
- Experience with basic programming and use of automation equipment (Hamilton Liquid Handling Systems, Agilent Bravo, Scinomix Tube Labeler, Hamilton TekCel, Agilent BioCel, etc.)
- Working knowledge of MS Excel and/or SQL/relational databases for data management and analysis
- Experience working in a GLP environment
- Independent thinker with the ability to innovate within one’s own project and efficiently collaborate with other team members
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written), and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and be self-motivated, adaptable, and a possess a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs regularly
- Work in a BSL-2 environment
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, cell biology, biochemistry, chemistry, computer-science or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly-related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major)
- Experience with sample handling including small molecule compounds (preparation, dilution, transfer, plating of compounds in DMSO or other solvents) and biospecimens (preparation, dilution, transfer, plating of plasma, serum, urine, etc.)
- Expertise with Excel and/or SQL/relational databases for data management and analysis
- Experience with basic programming/use of laboratory automation, especially liquid handlers
- Experience working in a GLP environment
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Kalamazoo, MI are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?Zm3%2fxizaWmklVp4VRSNKHAt