Equilibrium Solutions, LLC’s client is looking for a General Manager in New York City.
The country’s most renowned steakhouse is seeking an experienced General Manager with experience in high volume environments popular with locals and high-profile guests. T his classic steakhouse sets the standards for excellent cuisine, an award-winning wine list and unparalleled service in the industry.
This is hands-on role is perfect for an individual who has management skills and experience in both front and back of house operations . The General Manager responsibilities include maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability and quality goals. Ensure efficient restaurant operation, productivity, quality, customer-service standards, oversee the dining room, check-in with customers and balance seating capacity. Back of the house management experience is also essential, oversee food prep and ensure compliance with health and safety restaurant regulations. Work closely with ownership to execute on their vision. Accountable for making sure the restaurant runs smoothly and customers have a classic NYC steakhouse dining experience.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
● Responsible for the day-to-day operations which includes schedules, guest interaction and relations, service team direction and support, concept and morale driving, service standards enforcement, support of management team to ensure all standards of quality and service are achieved during each shift.
● Review service and operational procedures to ensure the highest levels of uncompromising quality of food, beverage, reception and service, with the goal of increasing sales and deliver Best in Class service.
● Schedule staff hours, assign and manage staff responsibilities. Including weekly schedule, runner rotation, side jobs and section assignments. Ensure compliance with assignments.
● Address customer complaints regarding food preparation, services and accommodations.
● Maintain contact with kitchen staff, floor supervisors, servers and customers to ensure that dining details are handled properly, and customer requests are addressed.
● Maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing compliance with health and fire standards and procedures; Communicates issues to Office Management.
● Work as a floor manager during each meal period to support the service staff and floor supervisors and provide the highest levels of quality and service. Monitor proper front door procedures, reservations, seating and greeting, control guest flows.
● Conduct pre-shift meetings with front-of-the house personnel prior to the beginning of each shift to ensure the restaurant is ready for service. Communicate special information and maintain on-going communication with the staff.
● Conduct on-going front-of-the house staff meetings to provide continuous training and development, including but not limited to, in the areas of service, suggestive selling and sales techniques for food and bar sales, safety, security and sanitation.
● Ensure sufficient staffing for the demands of the business, within budgeted labor costs.
● Responsible for maintaining appropriate work standards for staff, including, without limitations, appearance, productivity, work performance, work rules and standards of conduct. Communicate job expectations to staff members and take corrective action as appropriate for violations of appropriate work standards, company rules, policies and practices.
● Effectively recommend corrective action, up to and including discharge, to management.
● Track monthly results and trends for business forecasting
● Events & private dining
Requirements (include but are not limited to):
● 5+ years Assistant General Manager or General Manager experience in a Steakhouse or Fine-Dining environment; French service a plus
● Supervision of 50+ employees (servers/bartenders/floor supervisors)
● Wine and beverage knowledge a plus
● Strong, unwavering leadership skills and conflict resolution
● Accept challenges, find innovative solutions and collaborate lock/step with business owners and senior management
● Compliance with food safety procedures
● Labor relations – Union experience STRONGLY PREFERRED
● Knowledge and expertise with labor laws, and employee retention.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Benefits package; medical, dental, vision, commuter & 401k
Third Party Applications Not Accepted
Equilibrium Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?%2fL61sWS7I6gNlupQ380bqwk