We’re looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting company.
- Develop and/or sustain partnerships with key agricultural producer groups and trade associations.
- Develop and/or sustain non-partisan partnerships with government officials, senators and house members, to ensure effective development and implementation of federal agriculture policy.
- Develop and/or sustain strategic coalitions (incl. with commodity groups, aligned NGOs).
- Play a key role with the VP and other program leads to evaluate, refine and strengthen strategy, accelerate progress towards goals and outcomes, and advance thought leadership in agricultural strategies.
- Expertise on Federal agricultural policy and practice, with established relationships with elected officials and executive branch employees.
- 12+ years of experience working in agricultural roles (government, corporate, academia, policy or NGO).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; relevant education degree a plus
- Experience working on agricultural conservation issues.
- Strong knowledge of the role business can play in solving environmental problems.
- Demonstrated negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to garner consensus between disparate groups with conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrated approach to entrepreneurial advocacy on Capitol Hill and the executive branch.
- Ability to recognize and build on strategic opportunities for progress.
- Ability to manage and motivate team to accomplish challenging deliverables with tight timeframes and significant uncertainty.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work with colleagues and partners of varied backgrounds and experience.
- Excellent analytical skills and experience in performing rigorous analysis in support of highly visible work.
- Strong interpersonal skills and respect for economic and cultural diversity and ability or experience working with diverse groups of people.
- Affinity for a fast-paced work environment.