The Quality Assurance Manager oversees the execution and coordination of all quality systems for raw material receiving, in plant operations, and overall supply-chain. This role is directly responsible for managing the Quality Assurance and Sanitation teams. The individual will constantly assess and respond to issues of product quality with the primary purpose to assure a consistent and compliant delivery of product meeting the ELF standard. The position is responsible for driving continuous quality improvement initiatives across the organization. A strong balance between technical expertise and business acumen is required including the ability to teach and coach staff.
QUALITY & FOOD SAFETY
Demonstrates knowledge of the implementation of food safety principles and sanitation program requirements to control, mitigate and alleviate risks. Understands manufacturing, regulatory and distribution processes to ensure appropriate management of product traceability and recall.
- Leads the review of QP in light of new technology, process or emerging hazards, sharing best practices.
- Leads a special situation related to any food safety, quality and regulatory challenge.
- Leads traceability and recall exercises for food safety, quality or regulatory events.
Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of Quality Policy expectations to deliver base quality programs and drive continuous improvement, putting the consumer at the heart of everything we do through the delivery of the Consumer Inspired Quality (CIQ) agenda.
- Applies QP at internal and external manufacturers, identifies gaps and corrective actions to ensure compliance.
- Leads application of CIQ in the Plant.
- Develops consumer relevant specifications.
- Applies process control principles to work.
- Supports a Plant to implement the IL6S QM Pillar.
- Deep knowledge and proven success on applying root cause analysis, problem solving tools and CAPA tracking.
Demonstrates knowledge of global and local relevant regulations, policies, religious and registration requirements for ingredient, formula, claims, labels, packaging including product artwork and registration compliance.
- Able to interpret the fundamental relevant regulations, religious requirements and policies and guidelines applicable to Enjoy Life products.
- Provides inputs and guidance to create new non-regulated product claims.
- Provides technical inputs and recommend solutions using risk assessment process to confirm product compliance.
- Analyzes, summarizes and formulates regulatory positions for new innovations and markets and creates specifications.
- Participates in external association/government meetings, building network and contributing to regulatory technical matters.
- Relevant Quality Experience, free-from (allergy) a plus.
- Leading Teams.
- GFSI Quality Systems such as SQF, BRC, FSSC 22000 or IS 9000 (preferable).
- General understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), Good Laboratory Practices (GLP’s, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), ISO, Regulatory Guidelines, Sensory, and/or Microbiology.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (Preferably in Food Science or related field).
- TECHNICAL EXPERTISE & RIGOR: Demonstrates knowledge and application of the scientific method, experimental design, statistical analysis, problem solving, Risk Management, data modelling and simulation tools.
- SAFETY FOCUS: Adheres to all workplace and trade safety laws, regulations, standards, and practices.
- COLLABORATION & INFLUENCE: Demonstrates skills and behaviors to collaborate and inspire trust with internal and external stakeholders, influencing to provide holistic technical leadership and commercial perspective to achieve desired business outcomes
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL: Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks.
- Cultivates and manages relationships both internally and externally, networking and forming coalitions.
- CUSTOMER FOCUS Builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the products and services offered by the organization.
- DECISION MAKING & JUDGEMENT: Makes timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
- INFLUENCING OTHERS: Influences others to be excited and committed to furthering the organization’s objectives.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 25 lbs. and push/pull up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to meet all other physical requirements of work in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work across day parts (nights, weekends, holidays and extended hours) as required.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite.
We offer competitive starting rates and benefit packages including:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability
- 401k with match
- Company Sponsored HSA with match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- On-site fitness center
- And much more!
About Enjoy Life Foods
Enjoy Life Foods is the leading brand in the growing Free-From category, featuring a robust portfolio of Certified Gluten-Free and Non-GMO Project Verified products that are free from the eight most common food allergens, identified as wheat, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, fish, and shellfish. Founded with the mission to create great-tasting Free-From options anyone can enjoy, Enjoy Life’s product line includes cookies, snack bars, chocolate bars, baking chocolate, baking mixes, cereals, seed and fruit mixes and Plentils, a plant-based savory chip made from lentils. Enjoy Life’s mission and brand promise is to deliver safe, better-for-you products free-from the top eight food allergens, but not free-from taste, so everyone can Enjoy Life to the Fullest!
Enjoy Life Natural Brands, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or applicable state law.
Disability Accommodation for Application: Enjoy Life Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability to use our online system to apply for a position at Enjoy Life Foods, please contact us directly at 301 Salem Road, Jeffersonville, IN 47130.