Safety and Environmental Coordinator
Huntsville/Redstone Arsenal, AL
ERC is a servant-leader oriented company with approximately 2,000 employees and multiple contracts across the US. We believe that our culture has a direct influence on the job satisfaction of our employees and is reflected in the outstanding quality of service received by our customers.
This position is with our partner, AI Signal Research Inc., on the Redstone Test Center Engineering and Support Services (RWESS) contract in Huntsville, Alabama supporting the U.S. Army’s Redstone Test Center.
TO APPLY, CLICK HERE: AI Signal Research, Inc (ASRI)- Safety and Environmental Coordinator (Huntsville, AL)
In your role as a Safety and Environmental Coordinator, you will have oversight in all phases of the Redstone Test Center’s Component Test Division test programs helping to ensure a safe work environment, adherence to SOP regulations, and preparation of documentation relative to the safety of personnel and project risk assessment. This role includes attendance and conducting safety training, Hazard Analysis Work Groups (HAWG), and SOP creation, tracking, and modification as needed. This position will require a “boots on the ground” approach in order to monitor operations, audit processes, and investigate incidents that may occur. The Safety Officer will be responsible for conducting monthly Division Safety Meetings and other duties as assigned in support of the Redstone Wide Engineering Support Services (RWESS) contract.
What you’ll do all day:
- Work as part of a team of safety professionals within the Component test division and also across other divisions as needed to support safety.
- Communicate with the RWESS Enterprise Team for updates and reporting of division metrics.
- Attend and conduct monthly safety meeting, safety training, and various operational meeting for safety oversight.
- Participate in daily safety meetings, Test Safety Risk Assessments (TSRA), and post-test reviews.
- Track safety training and division safety metrics.
- Audit processes and offer recommendations to improve safety in operations.
- Communicate with engineers, technicians, and customers to discover and develop requirements with the goal of optimizing current and future goals and efficiencies.
- Utilize technical writing skills to generate, modify, and supplement SOPs for submittal for command approvals.
- Give technical oversight to customers concerning safety and quality in performance of non-typical scenarios and impact to mission.
- Investigate accidents that may occur during the course of a project.
- Provide a daily presence in the functional work areas to observe operations.
- Overtime may be required as needed to complete projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
You will love this job if you:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete given tasks.
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment.
- Appreciate working on varying tasks that are complex in scope.
- Enjoy creating and implementing improvements to quality and safety programs continuously.
- Like hands-on work and not sitting at a desk all day, every day.
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including engineers and technicians.
- Are good at communicating with people.
- Have a positive attitude.
- Enjoy multitasking and being a team player.
Minimum requirements for this position:
- Five (5) years of experience working as a safety professional directly related to: industrial, facility, and personal safety and environmental programs; Army safety and environmental publications and regulation; drafting policies and procedures from DoD, federal, state, and local government safety and environmental regulations for application at the organization level. Education can substitute years of experience up to 2 years.
- A high degree of technical writing skills.
- OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 training certification is a plus.
- Ability to obtain explosive certification level II
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed to meet schedule deadlines.
- Must be able to understand and follow safety SOP and work procedures.
- Must be a team player and active participant for safety.
- Drug screen required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Government security clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Desired skills and experience for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in a safety discipline or extensive experience working as a safety officer.
- Military experience with familiarity of military ordinance in a safety role.
- Preference will be given to those who possess a current Secret government security clearance.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations is highly desired.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?FM7aogukUQQthnrRtcuk%2fQe