Eaton’s eMobility Division is currently seeking a Software Engineering Specialist to join our team. This position is based at our Southfield, MI location.
We make the electric revolution work. Every day, we work to improve people’s lives and the environment by making power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable.
Preparing for the electrified future of mobility takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
Eaton’s eMobility segment is collaborating with companies around the globe to innovate the transportation technologies of the future, creating efficient vehicles that travel faster, farther, higher and safer at a lower overall cost to the consumer and the environment.
The Software Engineering Specialist is responsible for defining and leading the most challenging and disruptive technical projects in a self-directed manner. In this role you will perform challenging assignments with minimal guidance, understand the business impact of your decisions, and mentor other engineers in the development of imbedded firmware.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
- Have knowledge in hybrid and electric vehicle electronics, and work with customers to provide innovative and valuable control systems and imbedded firmware solutions to their vehicle challenges.
- Identify market trends and develop product technology strategies to satisfy the future needs of our customers, while driving profitable business growth.
- Prepare new project estimates and possess the ability to generate the project scope, effort, schedule, risks, and program costs.
- You will take a systems approach and work with customers to establish product requirements, manage risk in design, develop validation plans, and ensure product reliability.
- Develop and successfully launch new innovative and disruptive products, using the Eaton PROLaunch stage-gate process, on time, on budget, and to project scope.
- Complete appropriate technical documentation for your designs including requirements documents, theory of operations documents, validation plans, and user manuals.
- Research and introduce new tools to the company to increase product development team capability, make product development more efficient, to improve the quality of our products, and to make manufacturing more profitable.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we – as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited university is required
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in controls and software development in electrical and electromechanical systems
- Minimum of five (5) years development of AUTOSAR application or base software using complete SW lifecycle process (requirements, design, coding and validation)
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of Southfield, MI. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience leading remote engineering and manufacturing resources required
- Expert in embedded firmware design, in transportation industry applications preferred
- Background in the C and C++ language or its derivatives (C#, etc.) required
- Experience with ST, Renesas, TI, Microchip, Atmel microprocessor families preferred
- Experience managing and using software development and collaboration tools preferred (IBM Rational, Atlassian Jira, etc.)
- Working knowledge of automotive serial data protocols (CAN J1939, J1587, J1708, LIN, VCAN, FCAN, CANOpen etc.) and tools (CANape, CANalyzer, etc.) preferred
- Project engineering or program management experience preferred
- Experience supervising engineering activities required (software engineers, PCB layout, prototype builds, program fixture design & build, validation testing)
- Power electronics design for electric and hybrid electric vehicle systems preferred (switch-mode power supplies, DC/DC converters, motor drives, management systems, design strategies for EMC, etc.)
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look-from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day-you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?cPspzGHb0rcSe4fpHmXg1As