Eaton’s Aerospace Fluid Motion and Control Systems Division is looking for an Electro-Mechanical Assembler on 1st Shift to join our team. This position is based in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Reporting to the Supervisor/Manager Repair Focus Factory or Production Assembly, the electro-mechanical assembler will perform testing on production hardware, incoming repair units while utilizing standard methods, processes and procedures.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Function You Will
- Perform detailed electro-mechanical assemblies and sub-assemblies on production, prototype, and/or returned assemblies/subassemblies. Assembly proficiency on electronic motors, mechanical actuation, solder processes and troubleshooting procedures as required.
- Ensure assemblies are built to written instructions or blueprint specifications.
- Utilize hand tools such as, but not limited to, pliers, wrenches, screwdrivers, arbor press, vises, soldering iron, depth micrometers, calipers and dial indicators.
- May perform acceptance tests on new, repaired, modified, returned or production units. Conduct in-process testing as required.
- Troubleshoot hardware without written instruction.
- Crosstrain to various departments when required and may be reassigned to other product groups.
- Maintain clean and safe work area.
- Adhere to all safety rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we – as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Grand Rapids, Michigan will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- One year of experience in an assembly role or manufacturing setting or comparable field is preferred.
- Associate Degree in Technical Field or equivalent from an accredited institution is preferred
- Ability to read assembly blueprints, wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Working knowledge of shop test equipment and testing procedures. Must be capable of maintenance, calibration and operation of laboratory test equipment.
- Know-how and ability to work with inspection gages, multi-meters, volt meters, force scales, torque wrenches, and electrical test equipment.
- Knowledge of fundamental electrical components and mechanical physics. Ability to identify wire by color code.
- Ability to work from written and verbal instructions.
- Solder certification will be provided. Prior experience preferred in IPC certification J-STD001, 7711, A610. Ability to cross train on a variety of hardware/sub-assemblies and test procedures.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Manufacturing & Operations
North America – US/Puerto Rico
United States-Michigan-Grand Rapids
Grand Rapids MI Loc
AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Does this position offer relocation?
Requisition ID :092746
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?WbJ4YEKIAfoajF0NOA7jhAc