For our client, an established and growing Fintech company.
This position will be 100% remote until 2022. Our client has offices in New York City and Washington, DC. Much of the work after 2021 will be remote, but if you have a preference to work in an office, that will be available in either location. We have placed many candidates with this client for the past 8 years – all are still there due to a great team, working environment and interesting, cutting-edge projects.
Director of Platform Architecture
The Director of Platform Architecture reports to the VP, Head of Research and Development, and is responsible for technical direction, architectural design, and software stack selection of our future systems. The Director of Platform Architecture guides and supports the other members of this experienced and professional software development team.
• Thoroughly analyze complex and often competing system requirements
• Design software architectures that are stable, supportable, and forward thinking, while fully achieving the goals of the business solutions that will be built upon them
• Select platform technologies based on merit, performance, suitability, longevity, and supportability
• Document designs, and guide and mentor development teams as they implement these designs
• Ensure adherence to firm established standards for secure and efficient product development
• Provide ongoing support and maintenance of production applications, as user and technical requirements evolve
• Masters or equivalent advanced degree, preferably computer science
• 10 years or more of software development experience, preferably in the finance industry
• Extensive experience designing and deploying large scale enterprise applications
• Design and implementation experience using microservice architectures
• Familiarity with containerization and container orchestration technologies
• Extensive experience in .NET Core technologies, including conversions from .NET Framework
• Experience with Distributed Ledger Technologies is a plus
• Experience with low latency distributed networks
• Proven ability to work with user groups to build consensus
• Ability to work with users in locations around the world
• Ability to set and mange priorities judiciously
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including technical documentation, process workflows and diagrams
• Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
• Keen attention to detail.
• Experience with multiple computing platforms commonly used in the financial services industry, including SQL and No-SQL database, message queues, and communication protocols
• Experience in both Microsoft .NET and Java based platforms
• Deep understanding of distributed systems concepts and design patterns
• Cloud platform and deployment techniques
– provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?yrDKNTi7K1xtnQey%2ftO29Aw