Why you should work with us? Because within DNV GL’s Renewables Advisory group, organizational culture, and more specifically how we collectively influence the world for future generations, matters deeply to us. Our team works every day to increase the widespread deployment and operation of renewables to address climate change and positively impact society; endeavors to achieve our purpose through the success of our customers; and strives to be high-performing and innovative. Our approach reflects the equity, respect, and diversity we wish to see in the world. DNV GL – Energy is seeking for a GIS Analyst to join our Environmental and Permitting Services (EPS) team. Our team is growing rapidly, and we are seeking a GIS Analyst to help us provide GIS services in North America. This person will be responsible for supporting project development, permitting, and owner’s engineering activities for onshore wind, offshore wind, solar, and energy storage projects. Our teamThe EPS team is comprised of siting, environmental, permitting, and GIS specialists who work directly with our customers to help identify and address project risks. Our mission is to guide the sustainable, responsible growth of the renewables industry by providing innovative environmental and permitting expertise to support the greater good.Our workOur Customers are primarily developers and utilities, developing wind (onshore and offshore), solar, and battery and energy storage projects across the U.S., Canada and internationally. To facilitate this work excellent written and oral communication skills are paramount. Broadly, our work falls into four categories:Biological services, including field surveys, habitat conservation plans, corporate avian and bat protection plans, review of mitigation strategies, and associated permits.
Permitting services, providing support for permitting at the federal, state/provincial, and local level for wind, solar, and battery storage projects; including stakeholder engagement.
GIS services, including mapping, constraints reviews, radiocomm surveys, and critical issues analyses.
Siting services, including layout optimization, acoustical measurements, noise impact assessments, shadow flicker, blade/ice throw, and glint and glare studies. Through this transition, our team is driven by our mission to ensure renewable energy projects are safely and sustainably designed, constructed and installed.
Our whyOur Customers can choose any number of consultancies to execute on specific tasks. However, our EPS team strives to develop long-term partnerships with our Customers, acting as their trusted advisor from the earliest layouts through operations.Our Customers are at the forefront of the energy transition. Principally, our team needs to remain nimble, retain our deep expertise in wind and solar PV while growing our competency to advise on energy storage and offshore wind developments.Through this transition, our team is driven by our mission to ensure renewable energy projects are safely and sustainably designed, constructed and installed.
Tasks May Include
- Research, inventory, analyze, and integrate GIS data
- Undertake multi-criteria spatial analysis
- Produce thematic maps
- Assist with renewable energy project site selection and characterization studies
- Prepare elevation and roughness maps for wind resource assessments
- Assist with the development of new geospatial tools and GIS services to support renewable energy developers
- Occasional assistance with development of tools to support work automation (ArcPy)
- Occasional assistance with research and reporting for environmental mandates, such as environmental impact studies, Phase 1 ESAs, and technical siting studies including visual assessments, shadow flicker assessments, acoustic assessments, and electromagnetic interference studies
- Occasional site visits
- Associate’s degree in Geomatics Engineering, Geomatics Sciences, Geographic Information Systems, Environmental Geomatics, Environmental Science, Geography, or Geospatial Science + 1 year of GIS work experience required; or Bachelor’s degree in one of the above
- Knowledge of basic GIS concepts (mapping, GPS, GIS, data integration, coordinate systems, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of the ESRI platform, mainly ArcGIS Desktop (ideally ArcGIS Pro), and ArcGIS Online
- General knowledge and interest in renewable energy and environmental assessment regulatory frameworks and renewable energy project development, design, and construction activities in North America
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills, MS Office
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
- Competency in general programming, specifically Python language, preferred
- Competency in Autodesk software suite, specifically, AutoCAD
**Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position**
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/H/V
Please visit our website at
Company and Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. Operating in more than 100 countries, our professionals are dedicated to helping customers in the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables and other industries to make the world safer, smarter and greener.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?RzVBsu2CNtaXLajkeMqjSQa